Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here in south Texas I tend to avoid the carts outside in the summer simply because it's friggen HOT.

Comment

Quoth xx_wolfie_xx View Post
      Here in south Texas I tend to avoid the carts outside in the summer simply because it's friggen HOT.
      See, that's a LEGITIMATE reason. Or if it's raining outside I wouldn't want a wet cart. But that day it was 60 degrees out, sunny and hardly any wind.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        We need shopping carts with barred lids.
        In that case, turn it upside down.

Can't promise that the wheels will still work thought but it will have a lid on it then.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          These remind me of the people who take a shopping cart and end up in line with one little thing no bigger than their hand, maybe a can of tuna or some dogfood, or a load of bread.
          Actually, before mum's kidneys got really bad (she's getting the op to move the veins in her arm ready for dialysis on Friday) she used to get a trolley to lean on as she walked around the shop, even if she was only planning to get something small like a loaf of bread. Now she can't even get the length of an isle without her wheelchair.
          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth drjonah View Post
            Thanks for the feedback about the bag/handle issue. I should have been more specific. I was talking about they are only buying ONE item with a handle and piss and moan about wanting a bag for it.
            I can't speak for everyone, but if I'm making a purchase like gallon of milk, I will ask for a double bag if I have to transport it on my bike. No reason for customers to cop an attitude about it though. All they have to do is be polite about it.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
              but if they aren't SCs otherwise, :
              Quoth drjonah View Post
              they are only buying ONE item with a handle and piss and moan
              ah. So they ARE SCs for it.

Comment

I'll put milk in a bag and then wrap part of the bag around the handle because milk is COLD.
                Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth drjonah View Post

8)No, we don't do cash back on debit. No you didn't just do it last week, our system has NEVER been set up to do cash back except for Discover.
                  Lucky you. My store does cash back on debit and also the "Do you want it all on the card?" question. So all the old people (and we get a LOT of them) decide they only want $20 on the debit card, want $5 taken off a gift card, present $5 worth of coupons and bicker over the expired ones, complain they can't understand the "compu-box thingy" they have to swipe their card through, and then pull out the checkbook and write a check for the rest of their purchase.

And people wonder why I'm in no hurry to get register-trained.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                    I never understand people who ask for gallons of milk, containers of detergent/bleach, ect., who insist on bags because it makes them "easier to carry" because "I'm going up stairs". That's why they have fucking HANDLES. Do people request bags to carry around their luggage when they go the airport?
                    I was hit by a drunk driver a few years ago. On top of my already bad knees, I have a bad back now and a shoulder that I'm still in physical therapy for after surgery almost two years ago. Stairs... are not fun. I hold onto railings because my back or knees could go out. If I have bags, things can hang from my wrists and leave my hands free. If I don't have bags, stairs are an exercise in scaring myself shitless trying not to fall down them without hurting myself. You can't hang a gallon of milk from your wrist on its own.

I ask for bags for most everything, though I am fine with sturdy bags being overloaded since it'll all be hanging by my good arm while I use my bad arm to hold the railings for me. So... I see the point in asking for bags. People have circumstances, special needs, or they may just be lazy too but you never know.
                    "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Comment

I never understand people who ask for gallons of milk, containers of detergent/bleach, ect., who insist on bags because it makes them "easier to carry" because "I'm going up stairs". That's why they have fucking HANDLES. Do people request bags to carry around their luggage when they go the airport?
                      Oh, crap! Hopefully no SC will hear what you said about bags to carry their airport luggage or they'll think it's a good idea and two-thirds of the people posting in here 6 months from now will be airport employees!

Comment

I just popped in to say I heart both Dollar Admiral and Kinship Dollar, as well as Dollar Elm. And I agree that sometimes the after-church crowd is the least Christ-like, ironically.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Colour me faintly amused to see so many references to carrying several bags per arm. Around here, the bags are so strong that you'd be hard-pressed to need more than one before the load gets too heavy to carry comfortably.

Of course, such high-quality bags cost money, and are charged for accordingly. They also get reused accordingly.

Comment

My thinking is this:

If you want a strong bag to carry item-with-a-handle then BUY ONE OF THEM RE-USABLE BAGS! They're tougher and you can carry them upstairs! What's the point of double-bagging a plastic bag every time you buy a jug of bleach or gallon of milk? Just spend the dollar and get a cloth bag!

/end rant
                            Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Quoth OfficeSlug View Post
                              My thinking is this:

If you want a strong bag to carry item-with-a-handle then BUY ONE OF THEM RE-USABLE BAGS! They're tougher and you can carry them upstairs! What's the point of double-bagging a plastic bag every time you buy a jug of bleach or gallon of milk? Just spend the dollar and get a cloth bag!

/end rant
                              Because for a number of SC's, double bagging something like that = 2 FREE trash bags. And people wonder why the environment and landfills are going down the toilet in the states

Comment

I don't really understand this either. Some people do explain that they're riding the bus or they're on their bike so that's quite alright, I get it. But lots of people are rude about it like I'm supposed to already know the reason they prefer to bag this stuff. I've lived on the third floor before so I know how it is to have to carry stuff upstairs, but I've never put something with a handle in a bag. I think for me personally it's a matter of wasting bags and also having too many plastic bags lying around waiting for me to use them for something else. The worst is when people will even double-bag their milk or juice or detergent or whatever. These days I don't have to carry anything upstairs and I also use my re-usable bags. The small amount of plastic bags I get are used for trash cans and other random things.
                                Last edited by MelindaJoy77; 05-10-2014, 01:08 PM.
                                Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter.

Comment

Working...
                                X