Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haven't you people ever heard of closing your goddamn door?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wolfie View Post
    Never heard the song - what's the title and who sang it? BTW, my system is too old, and my connection is too slow, to use YouTube.
    Fall Out Boy's "I Write Sins Not Tragedies"
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Song title is correct; artist isn't. That song is by Panic! At The Disco.

Which to my ears sounds indistinguishable from Fall Out Boy, so it's a very understandable mistake.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I work in a public library. Nice quiet neighborhood.

At the circulation desk, it's kind of near the two public restrooms. Keys are on the wall beside it.

One staffer told me she had heard, um, water flowing. She looked over and there was a man using the bathroom, with the door wide open! Anyone who passed by saw him. Kids we sometime have to remind. But this was a full grown man!

Comment

At my job in the upstairs employee bathroom the handicap stall is the only one that not only doesn't close (no lock) but always hangs halfway open, there was 1 employee who PURPOSEFULLY chose that stall every time she went to the bathroom. I haven't seen her lately so she might've been fired, but still it's disgusting.
          ......../\
          ....../__\
          ..../\...../\
          ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
            Most public restroom stalls have doors that can only be "locked" from the inside...if you don't lock it, the door will swing open on its own.
            Some stalls have doors that you can lock on the outside with a quarter or some other coin.

Perhaps in addition to a door, we should have a curtain hanging in front of the door (but not attached to the actual door). Then we can just close the curtain if they won't lock the door.
            cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

NOOO no curtain! People will start using that instead of TP...

Comment

At my mall one of the cleaning staff (male) called into the lady's restroom 'cleaning, anyone in here?' no answer. He propped the door open and started checking the stalls and cleaning the floors. The he heard moaning. He thought someone was hurt. But in the last stall... door wide open...was a woman sitting on the toilet going to town with a vibrator. He said he just yelped and rushed out! The lady came out after a minute and told him "Oh it's ok honey, I just REALLY needed that!"

Who goes to the mall with a vibrator??? (PS, no we didn't have ANY stores that sold them!)
                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

All stalls should have a lock that can be opened from outside (not as easily as from inside, of course - the coin slot on the rotary latch is a good one). After all, what happens if it's an "open from inside only" latch (e.g. a barrel bolt) and someone is incapacitated while in the stall? How are emergency personnel supposed to get at them?
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

My dad constantly goes into the bathroom without shutting the door all the way to piss. Generally, with the lights off as well, relying solely on natural light from daylight.

Granted, he drinks too much.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
                      Thanks, Fireheart. Now I'll have that song stuck in my head all day long.
                      Why thank you.

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                      It's "a sense of poise and rationality," actually.

But thank you. Now I have the song stuck in my head, too.
                      Oops, thank you. I'd heard it differently.
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                        Oops, thank you. I'd heard it differently.
                        It's the strinej accent ye listen in, lass.
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                          It's the strinej accent ye listen in, lass.
                          Shush you.
                          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
                            Thanks, Fireheart. Now I'll have that song stuck in my head all day long.
                            Me too, totally started singing the song in my head when I saw the thread and then I saw someone else quoted a line from the song, lol.

OP, I have to say, sometimes when I'm home ALONE I don't close the door...but that's usually because my dog has to follow me everywhere and she follows me to the bathroom too *sigh* so if I don't leave the door open she scratches and cries at the door which is irritating when you're trying to go to the bathroom.

If hubby is home then she's okay because she'll stay and hang out with him. So it works out. But never would I ever in a million years sh*t or pee in public without closing the stall door. Nobody wants to see, hear, or smell that more than they already freakin' have to. People have no decency anymore.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                              It's "a sense of poise and rationality," actually. But thank you. Now I have the song stuck in my head, too.
                              And it's intended to be a double entendre with "poisoned rationality" - which I always thought was very clever of them.

Comment

Hah, LillFilly, that reminds me... we have a smaller non-native English speaker that maintains our bathrooms in the office. And she understands English perfectly fine, but she has twice trapped me in a stall in the men's room when's she's come in to clean. Once she asked if anyone was there, I replied "Yes!", and she just kept on keeping on . The second time she asked only after I had shifted around enough in the stall to make noise, but again just kept on keeping on. Rather made me uncomfortable but I really have no idea who to even contact about it to be honest.
                                But the paint on me is beginning to dry
                                And it's not what I wanted to be
                                The weight on me
                                Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Working...
                                X