This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just plain craziness!

I had problems with people who are too eager to take out their frustrations on me when they go to the wrong hotel. There's another hotel with a name very similiar to ours, save a word or two. I call them 'Fake Hotel' because they claim they are in the downtown when they really are in the outskirts by the river. Naturally, people mix us up with Fake Hotel.

Me: Hi can I help you?
    SC: I was waiting for hours!
    Me: -_- I was just here sir.
    SC: Well anyway, where's your parking!

I show him where the parking is. He parks, and...

Me: Checking in? Name?
    SC: SC
    Me: Sorry, there no SC on our list.
    SC: What!

SC takes out his phone, and checks it.

SC: Isn't this [street]
    Me: *steely stare* No it not
    SC: Oh! HA!
    Me: *eyeroll*
    SC: Now GIMME directions, my GPS died!

Dumbutt.

Next scenario was more interesting. Same scenerio, differnet reaction. 3 men came in. 2 were sane, the third nuts!

Me: Checkin in? Name?
    Them: [name]
    Me: Sorry, that name is not on our list. Are you sure you've got right hotel?
    Nutball: WHAT I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS
    Other 2: Isn't this [Street]?
    Me: No...that's the street for Fake Hotel.

Nutball: OH MY GOD THIS IS HORRIBLE! WHY DO THEY CALL THEMSELVES DOWNTOWN IF THEY'RE NOT IN DOWNTOWN!!!

Me: I haven't a clue sir.

Nutball: THIS IS DISGRACEFUL, HOW DARE THEY! @*$#$*#*$#!!!!!!

He COMPLETELY flips out, while the other 2 are trying to calm him down, I think, geez, just use the address!

Other 2: Ok thank you *drags still screaming Nutball out*

Nutball: *still screaming* I'M GOING THERE AND RIP THE CLERK THERE A NEW ASS HOLE! YOU! YOU BETTER TELL THEM THAT! WARN THEM NOWWWWWW

Geez. What a psycho. I didn't call to warn them....it's their fault for telling lies! :P I did feel sorry for the clerk there. Maybe Nutball calmed down. I hope he wasn't driving.

And then, I get more stupid complaints. This time, this lady loses her shit. She claimed there was a crack on her door. I go and see....no crack. The door is just like the other doors, polished wood. She flips when I tell her no more rooms. There was nothing wrong with the door's function, it shut, locked, and closed properly, even she agreed. She just didn't like a noon existent crack on her door. Flagged her account to corporate for craziness.

It's agood thing that I'm cutting my hours. I can't take this full time any longer.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
    Nutball: OH MY GOD THIS IS HORRIBLE! WHY DO THEY CALL THEMSELVES DOWNTOWN IF THEY'RE NOT IN DOWNTOWN!!!
    Why do the SCs think that front desk clerks have anything at all to do with the advertising some dingbat at corporate comes up with? Not that SCs do any thinking at all.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I feel sorry for his friends-trying to be polite and decent and deal with Nutball,all the while thinking 'I wish we could make him disappear so we don't have to be associated with him'.
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I might have been nice to the clerk at the 'fake hotel' and gave them a warning, but only because I like to be nice to my fellow working man.

However, you could happen to have business cards to the federal agency who deals with false advertising. Just be sure to keep them hidden on you and only pull them out for the people who mix you up with 'fake hotel'. No point in giving SC more ammo.
        I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

It does not matter in my business (pizza) what the shop name is ----- some of our "customers" think we ALL offer the exact same products at the same time.
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
          X