This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condescending customer brilliantly embarrassed

Since I'm about to leave the fabulous world of retail and everything that entails (late nights, poor pay and rude cutomers), I thought I'd come on this site and share a few of my favourite stories.

There was one customer that used to regularly come in the store on an almost daily basis. She was one of the most arrogant people you could ever meet and regularly spoke to staff as if they were simpletons.

To put it bluntly, she was one of those people who believed people working in supermarkets were idiots. She made very little effort to hide her disdain.

Anyway, she came in to the store one day and was being served by a friend of mine. This woman was having a conversation with someone she was with about the Battle of Hastings. Now my friend being a keen amateur historian chipped in with a comment.

Well, the woman looked at her with absolute contempt.

"So they did teach you something in school," she smirked, "it's wasted on you now though."

She then went on to talk about her son starting at Oxford University. At the time, this was where I was studying, so I asked her what college he belonged to. For people who don't know, Oxford and Cambridge are made up of seperate colleges.

"He's at university, not college." She bellowed at me. She then went on to lecture me that I should at least know what Oxford is.

After debating with her, it turned out her precious son was going to Oxford Brookes - a far less prestigious school, she just didn't know the difference.

After explaining to her that her son wasn't actually at Oxford University, rather just a university in Oxford, she sheepishly picked up her bags and walked out of the door not to be seen since. I don't think I've ever had a more satisfying day.

Double "Congrats!"

One on getting out of retail (I trust that this is a good thing).

The other for putting this arrogant idiot in her place. And very nicely I might add.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Haha love it!

What a bitch. She deserved it.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
      X