Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
    Sitting in traffic & thinking about how the Celts used to keep the heads of their defeated enemies so they could absorb their strength (as one does), I came up with a fantastic dialogue exchange for my WIP!
    I do love coming up with a good turn of phrase, even if it's not something I can use easily.

Like a bit of comeback line I thought up for a character who worked as a concierge/receptionist at a luxury resort type place, who frequently gets hate and insults from trophy wives, who think she's going to try to steal their man. So she has to find ways to assure them, while also venting a little insults toward them as well.

"I can assure you, Mrs. Rutherford, that it's clear your husband has very specific standards, and I could not possibly bring myself to meet them."
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• In the song "Smooth Criminal", do we ever find out if Annie is OK??
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• I can't believe I've been here 14 years. This is the second longest I've been a member of anything.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
          I can't believe I've been here 14 years. This is the second longest I've been a member of anything.
          And what's the longest?

I've been here 12 years; that's the longest I've been active anywhere. The only thing I've had longer is my Hotmail account, which I opened in 1997.
          Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
          OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
          she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
          Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• My church; joined in 1993.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• I finally realized why I grew so tired of the MCU movies, esp. the ones with all the Avengers and friends. It's the constant witty banter and back and forth. It's like every one of them is an extrovert and they never shut the fuck up. It's exhausting. All this yapping and the ricocheting from scene to scene with zero time to reflect grows tiresome very quickly.

Me: Oh weird coincidence, I watched a horror movie this morning with Liam Hemsworth!

Husband: Does he look like Chris Hemsworth?

Me: He looks like Chris Hemsworth if Chris Hemsworth ate bread.
              Last edited by EricKei; 03-25-2021, 04:34 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
                In the song "Smooth Criminal", do we ever find out if Annie is OK??
                In the song "The Monster Mash", the singer only sings about "The Monster Mash" and it's dance, but you never hear the actual "Monster Mash".
                "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• Husband: Tonight Drew Mcintyre is wrestling...

Me: Yay!

H: Goldberg.

Me: Great, that should be an underwhelming 5-minute match Goldberg wins ��

Comment

Me: Great, that should be an underwhelming 5-minute match Goldberg wins ��
                    So yeah, about that...
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

• Looking at recent posts in Check It Out, am I imagining things or is 2021 shaping up to be quite hard on celebrities?
                      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• It has indeed. I fear for Betty White.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• I don't know who needs to hear this but it's the BerenSTAIN Bears and always has been.

Comment

I don't know who needs to hear this but it's the BerenSTAIN Bears and always has been.
                            Gotta love the Mandela Effect.

Comment

I don't know who needs to hear this but it's the BerenSTAIN Bears and always has been.
                              Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                              Gotta love the Mandela Effect.
                              This one bothers me, because I have very clear memories of asking my mother, when I was about 6, how to say it, whether is was STEEN or STINE. I wish she was still alive so I could ask her.
                              Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                              OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                              she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                              Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• Quoth Deserted View Post
                                This one bothers me, because I have very clear memories of asking my mother, when I was about 6, how to say it, whether is was STEEN or STINE. I wish she was still alive so I could ask her.
                                This brings back memories of FrankenSTEEN vs. and FrankenSTINE.
                                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                                X