Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to email a photo from my iPad ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to email a photo from my iPad ...

I've got a photo on my iPad that I've tried repeatedly to send to my primary email address ... it's not showing up.

Any suggestions?
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Send as attachment instead of embedded. I've never had the opportunity to play with the new Apple products, but the UI should be similar enough. Instead of 'adding a picture', hit the paperclip to attach a file, then select the picture(s) you need.

Alternatively, there's connecting the iPad to your computer, then copying the file over.

Comment

When creating a message in Mail, there is no paperclip Attach option. Everything appears inline, and how it appears at the far end depends on the receiving client.

What can occasionally make a difference is how you're starting to compose the message, either by selecting an image in Pictures and choosing to email it, or writing a message in Mail and then adding the picture to it (click-hold a blank spot in the message, select "Insert Picture or Video"; selecting "Add Attachment" won't let you choose from your local pictures, I don't know about iCloud-stored pictures because I don't use iCloud.)

What really makes a difference is choosing the resolution you're sending it at. With the ever increasing fidelity of the cameras, image sizes can soar, and email clients and servers can still choke on attachments that are too big - don't forget that attachments will become even bigger due to the way message encoding works, so your 5MB image can easily be 6MB by the time it starts leaving the phone, and in my experience that's usually too big for the comfort of most systems. That said, you should at least be getting a bounce message if that happens...

Have you checked your primary mail to see if it's being filtered to spam or some other place?
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I'd forgotten I posted this ... oops.

What I've been doing is going into my albums, selecting a photo, and then choosing the 'email' option ... I thought that would send it directly to the email I selected. Apparently not ... ?
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Not without completing the email process, which should include the size selection etc. They're not all sitting in drafts are they? You are getting the sent message "swoosh"?
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I'm definitely getting the 'swoosh' That's why I was so puzzled when it never showed up.

I'm also getting an error message, which I can't reproduce ATM -- since my iPad needs to be plugged in to recharge. Will check it out and see what's going on with that.
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
            X