This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
    I realize it's a typo, but the mental image was startling...
    Reminds me of the tricycle motors "helping" by topping off the tank with the garden hose...
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      Did I mention I hate needles?
      Same here. The vampires (phlebotomists) and I at the doc's office even have an understanding: They warn me just before they uncap the needle, which means I don't freak out, thus making it easier for all of us. Evidently, my "extreme dislike" only applies to the business end of the needle itself, and, if I don't see it, I don't react

I do have to take a weekly injection for my diabetes, tho -- That doc, fortunately, knew of a novel solution: A big thick pen-needle-type device (img) where the needle is covered by a plastic sheath, and only protrudes from the "pen" while it's actually pressed up against my skin and dispensing medicine (the orange thing on the end comes off when unlocked, allowing the sheath to move forward and cover the needle's sides). Again, Denial ain't just a river in Egypt ^__^
      Last edited by EricKei; 05-01-2019, 10:43 PM.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        Did I mention I hate needles?
        Mine goes beyond 'hate', way off into phobia territory. If I *see* a hypodermic needle, I panic. If you try to jab me with it, I'll faint and/or run away (and I will go through/over/under anything or anyone that is unfortunate enough to be in my way). I warn doctors and nurses not to let me see it if they have to draw blood or give me anything. I'll cooperate to the extent of closing my eyes when told to and looking away.

I'm glad you found out what was wrong with your cat, Pixelated.
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

As you may remember I drive a taxi in Copenhagen.
          Some years ago I was driving a cat and his owner home from the vet. Most cats wail and complain when they are forced into a carrier and out in a strange car with a strange man.
          This one meeped politely to me and sat looking out and purring, completely relaxed.
          I complimented his owner and told her how unusual her cat was.
          The explanation was that he had diabetes and was going to the vet every week to get a blood test to see if his insulin was in balance. He would carry on all the way to the vet. Then, when he was stuck and bled, he would relax and enjoy the rest of the outing .

Are your cat getting blood tests or are you doing them yourself?

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            Reminds me of the tricycle motors "helping" by topping off the tank with the garden hose...
            That's a good reason to having the ability to lock your gas cap or gas door.
            This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Catnip mixed in with treats always worked for me when it came to vet visits -- Fortunately, I always seemed to end up with that 25% (or so) of cats who don't go insane on the stuff; mine always went directly to the "stoned" phase that comes afterward, making it much easier to handle them. They still gave a nice big ROWWWR when getting shots at the vet office, tho. For those who've not done this, one typical method is to have an assistant hold the needle level and then the vet -- wearing heavy gloves -- pushes the cat (who is on a stainless steel exam table) *backwards* into the needle.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                one typical method is to have an assistant hold the needle level and then the vet -- wearing heavy gloves -- pushes the cat (who is on a stainless steel exam table) *backwards* into the needle.
                "I am Cat! I shall not be moved!" <table rolls with them> "AAAIIIEEE"!

Comment

Maybe I should've tried that ... just gave kitty his insulin shot ... or I thought I did. But I noticed his fur was wet after I removed the needle ... I'm now thinking I didn't actually puncture the skin. And of course I don't dare risk a second shot ...

Will have to take extra care when I give him his shot tomorrow morning.
                  Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                  ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                  X