This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well at least you *tried*...

Bit of a funny one from two of our students today.

During their placement, they need to write a paper reflecting on their OWN practice now and how it differed between either what they'd do in their home country or five years ago (depending on their circumstance).

Two of the students however, missed the "own practice" part and wrote a reflective paper on their workplace supervisor (not the mentor) and how they would've done stuff differently. In other words, while they got the concept of reflecting on their practice, they were meant to evaluate themselves, not their supervisor.

To their credit, when they both realised it, they rang up in a blind panic, resulting in one of my CW's having to go and see them in person to reassure them that no, they didn't fail the paper and we allowed for a re-do.
    Last edited by LadyofArc; 03-21-2018, 07:27 AM.

I did something similar once where I missed the requirement to double space on a paper. Ended up turning in 10 pages single spaced instead of double (eg twice as long as the assignment should have been).

Got to redo that one and the Prof ended up helping me turn the original piece into my Honors Thesis.

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post

Got to redo that one and the Prof ended up helping me turn the original piece into my Honors Thesis.
      Very nicely done.

We're pretty generous with the submissions in the conversion course. Everything bar the actual field placement you get three attempts on. Fail any task three times in a row and your case ends up being referred onto the Executive who'll decide if you should have another attempt or not or be allowed to continue. (And this is after we give you a TON of support)

Comment

And now the count of "People who didn't read the instructions correctly," has gone up to nearly HALF THE CLASS.

I can't fault these guys entirely since English is their second (or third) language, but they either wrote their essay on their supervisor's practice or on bad practice in general. It's not meant to be a spy report, it's reflecting on your own damn practice!

Comment

Working...
        X