This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking Televisions

So the other day at work we had a large tv sale so we had a bunch of tvs on pallets. Someone decided to stack the tvs so there was one row of 37 to 42 inch tvs on the bottom with another row of the same size on top of those. Then they had one of those drivable toy-jeeps on top of them. I decide it's not too heavy, just high so I begin to pull it down. Down crashes three tvs that were on the second row.

Manager: Are you ok?
    Me: Yeah (weakly)
    My manager: Well, that's good.
    Manager: What about the tvs?
    My manager: They have warranties.

I felt so awful.

Quoth casey13 View Post
    My manager: They have warranties.
    It does me so much good to see a manager with priorities in the proper place.

You are fortunate to have such a person over you.

"Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Sounds like a good manager. And one with common sense. Hope they retrain people about stacking TVs and things on top (can you imagine if it were a customer grabbing a TV?). I'm glad you're fine. At least it makes for a good story.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Shrink wrap is your friend. Trust me.

Not that we'd ever stack TVs so shittily in the first place, but some people around the swamp could still manage to destroy a pallet's worth of TVs stacked sturdily while trying to lift them upstairs with the forklift.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

One of the staff in my store managed to do it using a forklift without touching anything nearby. He used it to activate the sprinkler system via lifting a heavy crate to the catwalk under the ceiling, which had subsequently destroyed thousands of dollars of merchandise in the stockroom. Quite a talent.
          SC: "Are you new or something?"
          Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

Working...
          X