This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Headache

On Sunday, I had a very bad headache throughout the whole day. I took pain medication and it still hurt. I punched in for my shift and one of the checkers noticed I didn't look so good and the FEM let me sit down for a bit. My dad was getting checked out at another register and he mentioned that my face was red.

The checker even bought me a soda after I mentioned my bad headache and that I was feeling some nausea. Yesterday, I tried to pay her back but she told me that I could keep my money and that it was her treat.

I noticed that another checker was scheduled to stay until closing with me so I was planning to ask if I could leave when the other closing checker showed up. It turned out that he called out so I was stuck at work until closing.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Here is to hoping that your headache went away ...

Are you prone to migraines? We have a bunch of us on here that are and I know there are a bunch of threads discussing remedies .... I personally swear by frovatriptan ... if controlled breathing for 15 minutes doesn't make a dent in the pain in combination with ibuprofin, I pop a frova and the headache gets damped down to a controllable level.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth purplecat41877 View Post
      On Sunday, I had a very bad headache throughout the whole day.
      I know it's a few days later, but is your head okay now?

*gives hugs and soda*
      Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

If I'm stuck in a situation where I can't take anything right away, I just rub at my temples and try to keep my head cool for the time being.

Sometimes it helps.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Iris Kojiro View Post
          I know it's a few days later, but is your head okay now?
          My head's ok for now and I keep pain medication in my work apron in case I ever need it. I've gotten bad headaches in the past but I think the one on Sunday was one of the worst. Not to mention one of the longest lasting ones I remember having. Unfortunately, eating something didn't work this time.
          My Fanfic Page
          My Fiction Page
          My Social Group
          My Pet Social Group
          My You Tube Channel

Comment

From time to time I get the kind of headaches that if I don't take something for it, it starts feeling like I want to throw up. Kind of hard to do your work when you have a raging headache AND you feel like tossing your cookies. I take advil for it & it works wonders for me. I've tried taking asprin but it's not strong enough for my type of headache.
            Would my type of headache be considered a migraine?

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
              From time to time I get the kind of headaches that if I don't take something for it, it starts feeling like I want to throw up.
              I used to get those all the time.

It took a while before I realized it was because of having my hair tied back too tight.

Turns out that when you restrict the blood flow in the scalp enough, it'll give you a vicious headache that will soon be joined by nausea.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

It took a while before I realized it was because of having my hair tied back too tight.

Turns out that when you restrict the blood flow in the scalp enough, it'll give you a vicious headache that will soon be joined by nausea.

^-.-^
                I'll keep that in mind. While I tie mine back too, I don't tie it super-tight...though I never knew that headaches could result from that. Thanks for the info!
                Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

It's bad enough having a headache. Even worse when you have to work and deal with SCs. I've had headaches bad enough to bring me to my knees. Hopefully you got some rest and are feeling better.
                  Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

^-.-^
                    I learned in the Army that if you keep tying your hair back in the exact same spot every day, it can cause headaches. If you shift where you pull your hair back over or up a half inch or so every few days, it helps. I don't know why this happens, but my doctor recommended it and it worked.

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
                      I learned in the Army that if you keep tying your hair back in the exact same spot every day, it can cause headaches. If you shift where you pull your hair back over or up a half inch or so every few days, it helps. I don't know why this happens, but my doctor recommended it and it worked.
                      Changing where my hair is tied does absolutely nothing.

I say this because I don't tie my hair back all the time. As often as not, I'll leave it loose.

I will, rarely, get headaches when it's tied near the base of my skull because that doesn't require a tight bind, so it's usually loose around my head, and the part shows.

If I tie my hair up higher, which usually involves me combing it straight to the ponytail, no part, then it's notably tighter, and will always result in a headache after about 7 hours or so, regardless of how my hair had been at any other time.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I have long hair, and pretty much always wear it tied back. This is the first I've heard about it possibly causing headaches, but I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

For me, I almost always get a migraine when the weather has been lousy for a few days the suddenly clears up. One thing my doctor recommended was caffeine, but make sure to also stay hydrated.
                        Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
                          I have long hair, and pretty much always wear it tied back. This is the first I've heard about it possibly causing headaches, but I'll be sure to keep that in mind.
                          Well, if you just wear it tied back, where you have it gathered and tied, but in such a way that it's not pulled tight, then it's not an issue. That's how I normally do my hair when it's not loose.

But when I put my hair up in a topknot or similar, then the hair is pulled tight and there's no movement, and that's when it can cause headaches.

^-.-^

Comment

Working...
                          X