This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another PC bites the dust

As the head shipper/photographer/stock guy, I have to be on the PC 90% of the day. either downloading pictures or editing ones I have. so needless to say, when a PC dies, it's usually on my watch. this was the case this past week, which would be the 2nd PC to die right infront of me.

The first PC died due to hardware failure. something with the motherboard fritzed for good, and it just keeled over. this new one may have been a virus... though, we got these PC's from an old mayor Campaign more than 6 years ago... so they are ancient in computer terms. not to mention the one that just died was made from the parts of 2 other pc's that died earlier. so it could have been anything really.

My co-workers and Boss's joke that I keep killing PC's, and I just have this feeling they kind of blame me for it. if you're the only one on the computers, all day every day, it is only a matter of time that it will die on you, or have something wrong with it. I also blame the fact that the pc that just died didn't have any anti-virus software on it... so it was just asking for it in the end.

but it all has a happy ending, because the new PC is getting installed as we speak, and it comes with windows 7. I'm excited because I never used 7 yet, though my housemates have it, and I'm going to get some anti-malware/virus stuff on it to make sure it is a fortified fortress. I hope to god my co-workers PC doesn't die soon... because I know for a fact it's next in line. it's the last of the pc's that were handed down from that campaign, but luckily I never touch that pc. so no blaming me!... maybe.

In the 7 years I've worked for *my company*, I've gotten a new computer & monitor, thee different mouses and something like 8 different keyboards. My coworker had a new computer (power surge killed the first one) and got a new mouse after 15 years using the old one. I just kill electronics. *shrugs*
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
    X