This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday just got Darker.

On the cover of the next True Value sale flyer is a 5 pc 18volt Black and Decker Tool set for $29.99.

Sounds Great! One Problem, it is actually $59.99!

Nobody involved with this flyer noticed the wrong price on the key item, on the cover till 5 days before it goes out in the papers & mail!

I spent a couple of hours today putting stickers on the sale flyers (about 300!) and my manager was trying to get a hold of the the 5 or 6 newspapers we have adds and flyers going out in. We may have to pull them from the upcoming issue, because Oklahoma law does not allow a store to sell products under cost as part of a sale (only in clearance).

Also, I open the box with the sale signage and there is almost nothing for the after Thanksgiving sale! A dozen little 3x4 signs is all that is in there! We have a broadsheet with several very good buys, but no promotional signs for them.

Oh and the Christmas Trees will be here Sunday

"First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Ouch. You have fun with that! I'll think of you when I'm relaxing at home since that's a day I took off!
    My Wajas cave

Comment

I'm so happy we have no such thing as Black Friday in Canada.

With the stories I hear about it, I'd be dreading that day each year and would be doing my absolute best to stay in, as I'm sure many Americans already do.

Comment

Man, that really sucks. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that! Me, I'll be under the bed with the lights off and the phone unplugged on Black Friday.
        !
        "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

price

too bad you cant put up a sign on the window or something
          CONVERGYS/COMCAST'S FINEST OVER THE PHONE SLAVE "TAKING CRAP FROM EACH CUSTOMER WITH HALF OF WHAT THE REAL EMPLOYEE FROM COMCAST GETS PAID AND A SMILE AND AN APOLOGY!

Comment

I feel your pain. I used to dread Black Friday and the day after Christmas when I worked at a certain TV shopping channel.

Makes me very glad my present gig isn't retail. Not dissing anyone who does it. More power to those who do. And who can keep their sanity.

And I'm also very glad my shopping was done a while ago. All I have to do now for Christmas is hook up with my family and do my Christmas cards.
            Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Black Friday is the only day I'm glad I work at Subway. I feel horrible for the poor retail workers who have to deal with the Black Friday horrors.
              My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
              My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

Yep, I'll be there. But at least I won't have to be there at 4:45 am, or in the case of our front-end team lead, 3:30 am!
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Mel View Post
                  No, we get Boxing Day. Same thing just on the day after Christmas.

I made it a point when I got out of retail that if anyone tried to take me with them on Boxing Day, they had better be armed and ready to lose at least a few limbs.
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Mel View Post

With the stories I hear about it, I'd be dreading that day each year and would be doing my absolute best to stay in, as I'm sure many Americans already do.
                    But surely you've seen the crowds that line up at Future Shop every boxing day, yes?
                    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                      Yep, I'll be there. But at least I won't have to be there at 4:45 am, or in the case of our front-end team lead, 3:30 am!
                      You lucky bitch. I gotta work 10:30 Thursday night to 7 Friday morning.

I think I know how the night is going to go. It's the same way it always goes: I get recruited to put up the doorbuster ad signs since I'm fast at that, then help the rest of the crew unpack stuff in the backroom and stage it, quick store huddle at 4:45 to go over procedures and last minute things, and then it's the Running Of The Bargain Hunters from 5 to 7.

And I'm in toys this year.

Now mind you, I prefer to open on Black Friday, because you're busy doing stuff the entire time and times goes fast. But at the end of my shift, I am achy and just about dead on my feet.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Most stores have verbiage in their ads to the effect of "not responsible for typos or other errors" -- Also, having signs in-store which explicitly point that out would help, too. No (reasonable) customer could object to you telling them that you can't honor that lower price because it's *against the law*...So uh yeah, if that ad gets out as-is, be prepared to have a lot of people yelling at you guys about "not honoring the price" >_<
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                        X