X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth poofy_puff View Post
    GREAT.

"Black and Blue Friday".
    Couldn't think of a more befitting name for such an event as that.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
      Couldn't think of a more befitting name for such an event as that.
      Laughs, "And after being on the sales end for two years in a row in WalMart's electronics department, i'm going this year in hopes of getting the $200 laptop. Mind you, i'm not trying hard, i'm going to show up around 6:30 - 7 hoping to get one (some of the items even door busters will sell well in one store but not another). Mind you, i'm looking for minions here in Phoenix, free breakfast for the first one to find and buy one for me, this way i can hit more than two stores at the same time (my partner will hit one, and i another)."
      Seph
      Taur10
      "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

I heard on the news that production will actually be down this year, so not to wait for sales on things you really want.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Javarod View Post
          You forgot Black Taco
          and blaqueKatt......
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

... maaaan, ... lol I actually had an African American teen, about 17 years old, overhear a discussion my Manager and a bunch of others were having about Black Friday, when she said the following:

Girl: The girl in question.
            CW: The co-worker who responded.
            M: Manager.

Girl: You know, it's polite to say "African American" instead of black. *Cocks her head on her shoulders in that style...*
            CW: .. Huhwha?
            Girl: You know, you keep calling it "Black Friday." It's impolite to use the word Black when describing things.
            CW: Oh, no, we're not ... ... wait you've never heard the term "Black Friday" before?
            Girl: Don't be changin' the subject with me, yo!
            M: Miss, I apologize for the confusion, but "Black Friday" is the day in which most retail outlet stores go out of the negative for the year and start to turn a profit. The color "black" is the color ink that is used in the financial books.
            Girl: So? That's still no excuse for calling it Black. What are you a racist?
            CW: ... ... *odd stares* ... ...
            M: No, that's not what's happening, I assure you. [Interrupted]
            Girl: Yeah, whatever, save it. I'm outta here.
            M: ... Wait a minute. Wouldn't it be "African American Friday" then? What's so African American about it?
            Girl: ... Shut up. I'm proud of who I am.
            M: I never and would never imply that you're not.
            CW: Can I help you with something? (He tends to be very helpful anyway.)
            Girl: Blackboard chalk?

I ran to the bathroom so nobody heard me chuckle at the irony of an African American board.
            Last edited by ShadowTiger; 11-24-2009, 12:54 AM.
            SC: "Are you new or something?"
            Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

Quoth ShadowTiger View Post
              ... maaaan, ... lol I actually had an African American teen, about 17 years old, overhear a discussion my Manager and a bunch of others were having about Black Friday, when she said the following:

Girl: The girl in question.
              CW: The co-worker who responded.
              M: Manager.

Girl: You know, it's polite to say "African American" instead of black. *Cocks her head on her shoulders in that style...*

I ran to the bathroom so nobody heard me chuckle at the irony of an African American board.
              What makes me laugh about this exchange is i moved from an area that was roughly 40% African American, and 40% Haitian American, and one of the first things i learned was call everyone black, 'cause the Haitians hated the Africans, and the Africans hated them right back, and their accent and music choices were the only way to tell them apart, and that wasn't always guaranteed to be right.
              Seph
              Taur10
              "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
                Kroger calls it Black Friday. They don't care. I'm proud of them

Wow I think I just gave my company a compliment.... I'm gonna check my temperature now....
                In Kroger's case (I work there also), wouldn't it actually be Black Wednesday? For grocery stores the day BEFORE Thanksgiving would be the busiest by far.

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
                  In Kroger's case (I work there also), wouldn't it actually be Black Wednesday? For grocery stores the day BEFORE Thanksgiving would be the busiest by far.
                  And Airports, Gods below it's gonna be a mess this year. For some strange reason the city decided to do construction in our busiest terminal in Oct. and Nov. this year. I've already been hearing about near riots in the parking lot there, and I'm damn glad I'm not the one of the ones working that mess.
                  Meeeeoooow.....
                  Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

Quoth ShadowTiger View Post
                    CW: Can I help you with something? (He tends to be very helpful anyway.)
                    Girl: Blackboard chalk?

Ya just can't make this stuff up.
                    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
                    X