This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax Exempt

Why do people abuse tax exempt cards? Like they are meant for resale according to the guy's card but he talks about how it is for his nephew. Its just wrong.

Quoth casey13 View Post
    Why do people abuse tax exempt cards? Like they are meant for resale according to the guy's card but he talks about how it is for his nephew. Its just wrong.
    Not to mention, illegal. You may want to check with management, but if the customer admits it's not for (whatever tax-exempt purpose), he has to pay tax, card or no.

Comment

I've got one, and I only use it for stuff for resale at the store, or use in the restaurant. I'd never even consider using it for personal items.
      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth reimero View Post
        Not to mention, illegal. You may want to check with management, but if the customer admits it's not for (whatever tax-exempt purpose), he has to pay tax, card or no.
        That and he should be reported to the IRS. You should have his information somewhere right?

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
          That and he should be reported to the IRS.
          Not the IRS. They have nothing to do with sales tax which is collected by state and local governments. The people to report it to are the state or local revenue agency.
          The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth casey13 View Post
            Why do people abuse tax exempt cards?
            Because they're scamming scammer scamfaces.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

This is one reason why I like the wholesale club. Sure, you might have a tax exempt card, but your business membership with us is not a tax exempt membership.

If you don't have a tax exempt membership, you pay tax. Even then, the cashiers have to hit the "tax exempt" button before every item the customer's not paying tax on, and they drill it into us which items are approved and which are not for certain businesses.

Sorry, Mr. Restaurant Owner, you have to pay tax on those cleaning supplies.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
              X