This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overtime?? Hell YES :)

(Don't know if this belongs here or not...if it don't my appologies)

Just yesterday I got my schedule and recievced some awesome news!! Not only do I have Thanksgiving off, I am scheduled a full 8 hours Mon, Tues, Wed, and Friday!! (I am always off on weekends) Now because Thanksgiving is a paid holiday for us they usually give us 2 extra days off so we don't hit overtime. Well they forgot that fact....Now I am NOT GOING to say anything to them even though I know it will run into overtime...know why? Becuse it will give me more spending money for Christmas and they should have known better. So I am going to work the whole week through and not say one thing to them....management cant get mad because they are the ones that do the schedule and one would think that they would know what they are doing. (Hey after screwing up my paycheck I think that working the ot would even things out for a while)
    NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

I'd be careful if I were you. I don't know what your company's policies are, but there may be a rule somewhere that says you are required to take steps to ensure you don't go into overtime unnecessarily. I believe my company has such a rule in place. If your's has one as well, they may use it as an excuse to write you up for not pointing out this "error" on the schedule.

Honestly, if it's on the schedule, then you shouldn't get in trouble. Such rules are stupid. But just beware of the possibility.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

holiday (pay) hours usually does not count toward overtime. So you would not actually get overtime. (unless your company does it weirdly). Looks to me like you will get 40 hours. which is good on a holiday week

Comment

Holiday pay doesn't count as hours worked, so while you'll still be making extra cash, it's not time and a half pay.

It's like this week, we got two holiday pay days, but were still forced to do our weekly mandatory overtime. It wasn't overtime pay because of the holidays, just extra hours.

If you want overtime, come work with me. Twenty hours the next two weeks.

All I'm going to say is at least this Christmas won't suck as bad as last year when it comes to getting presents for my friends and family. Last year, there was no overtime allowed, supervisors were altering punches so no one got paid for a second over 40 hours....this year, everyone has to work overtime every week.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Depends where you work - at my place of employment, holiday pay is counted towards hours worked. Nice way of doing things, as if thursday is your regularly scheduled day off, then you will hit OT, as the 8 hours pay you get from the holiday boosts your hours for the week

Comment

Don't get your hopes up cause they will find out & adjust your schedule accordingly. Management is sneaky like that...lol.

Comment

Working...
            X