Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst interview EVER!!!!! Care to share?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never had an "Oh My God!!" bad interview, but I have had some crappy ones.

Thompson Electronics, a good 15 years ago. They were expanding and several different managers had spots opening so I interviewed with four people. One at a time! By the last one I had repeated myself so much that I completely broke down from the way you are supposed to do an interview and was very loose and jokey (I'm a funny guy) and on the verge of unprofessional. And no, that last manager didn't give me a call back.

Big Insurance Company, Downtown Chicago. I guess they had just bought another big insurance company and they needed a hundred programmers to make the pieces fit, so they were interviewing an army of people. I drove from Indianapolis (200 Miles) just to have some fat would-be boss fall asleep as the other would-be boss asked me questions. The guy who sleeps through your interview is unlikely to call you back for a second.

First interview ever - Sans-a-belt company (I think - they make pants.) They guy had Aspergurs or something and spent most of his time asking his questions down into his tie. He couldn't answer my questions a she had a VERY rigid set of qustions to ask and he needed to follow his script or he couldn't function. He was super timid and uncomfortable and I just wanted out.

Fannie Mae (thank God I f*cked up this interview.) I'm quick on my feet and very creative, but "baffle them with bullsh!t" is a bad policy when you are being asked technical questions. I essentally started to lie my way through some technical junk and I knew as soon as it came out of my mouth that I was sunk. The interviewers were NOT amused.

Why can't they just ask those touchy-feely no-wrong-answer questions? I knock those out of the park every time! Oh, and I love the logic/programming tests from the 50's/60's. I crush those things like beer cans. I can't remember what I did Monday, but I can slay a test just fine.
    Hmm...more zombies than usual...

Comment

Quoth Gruesome View Post
      They guy had Aspergurs or something and spent most of his time asking his questions down into his tie. He couldn't answer my questions a she had a VERY rigid set of qustions to ask and he needed to follow his script or he couldn't function. He was super timid and uncomfortable and I just wanted out.
      That does sound like Asperger's.

We had a customer/vendor visit our shop that has Asperger's and if you went outside her little flow chart, it wouldn't even be acknowledged. It took the boss about 20 minutes to give her something she was expecting to buy.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My worst interview came after I had already been rejected for the job. The story is that the first level was you would take a psychology test designed in the 50's being run on a program made in the 80's. No I am not exaggerating that is even what they told me. Apparently the computer decided I wasn't a good fit for the job. I even got a rejection letter in the mail. I am one of those people that doesn't like being told by stupid that I don't fit. I called up the man in charge of hiring and gave an impassioned speech about why the company should move me onto the second interview and screw what the damn computer said.

I was stoked when the guy impressed by my chutzpah, heck I was openly bashing their first tier interviewing techniques, said sure come on in (date/time). I showed up and the second interview was to give a sales presentation to one of the managers as if he was a prospective client of mine. Before i could even start he stepped out to take a call then come back in then out then in at one point taking the call right there. I could never get a rhythm going to actually pitch this guy. Needless to say I didn't get the job.
        Last edited by jackfaire; 11-21-2009, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X