This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I Love The Bookstore

I'm going on-call at The Bookstore and tonight we had a staff meeting concerning an upcoming signing that I'll be working for a few hours, a Controversial Political Figure...oh Hell, it's Sarah Palin.

During the meeting the GM joked that we would get rewards for selling the rewards car program to customers, the main prize being lunch with >The Bookstore owner<, an equally controversial and mostly disliked figure.

Derisive laughter all around.

Second prize is lunch with >The Bookstore CEO<, universally regarded as a jerk.

Derisive laughter all around.

At what other job would all the employees AND the GM badmouth the owner and CEO, and everyone laughs, trusting everyone else not to go tattling to said owner or CEO?

I love those guys.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

/snicker snicker snort snort

I think I work at The Bookstore too...just a bit more north.

My favorite part of that was on the voucher contest..."Even if they don't like her everyone likes prizes!"

Comment

I don't care about her one way or the other.... but her voice and accent make me want to dig my eardrums out with a fondue fork. You Betcha!

Comment

Quoth mandaliz8704 View Post
        I don't care about her one way or the other.... but her voice and accent make me want to dig my eardrums out with a fondue fork. You Betcha!
        She doesn't normally talk like that. Not quite.

Watch some of her older speeches and stuff, and it's much less irritating.

We have Rove to thank for the de-intellectualizing of top-end race contenders.

Heck, both she and Bush Jr could both pronounce "nuclear" correctly before their bids for office.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
        X