This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Is This Taking So Long!

So I applied for a job at a construction supplies store, interviewed and was offered the job last Friday and went for my drug test that day. Why then have you not called me to tell me when orientation is? They said about 7 business days, and it's only been 5, but I'm so bored and ready to get started.

Odd's that they'll forget to call me? There's nothing outside of pretty terrible credit in any background check they can do on me. All this waiting is making me antsy.

Just wait it out, they still have a couple more days. That being said: if you don't here from them on the 8th business day then give them a call.

Comment

Quoth Solumina View Post
      Just wait it out, they still have a couple more days. That being said: if you don't here from them on the 8th business day then give them a call.
      Yeah that's what I keep telling myself. I was just really excited to get hired to soon after getting fired, and now it's starting to look like I wasn't hired after all. And now I wasted a week waiting.

Comment

One of the jobs I held in the past progressed like this:

Call me up, schedule phone interview for later in the week
        After phone interview, set up in-face interview a week and a half later
        After in-face interview, wait 2 weeks then call up and schedule another in-face interview a week later.
        A week and a half later, offer job after third e-mail attempting to get back in contact, have job start a full month later.

Some places run on a completely different calander than the rest of the world.

Comment

Quoth Pojodan View Post
          One of the jobs I held in the past progressed like this:

Call me up, schedule phone interview for later in the week
          After phone interview, set up in-face interview a week and a half later
          After in-face interview, wait 2 weeks then call up and schedule another in-face interview a week later.
          A week and a half later, offer job after third e-mail attempting to get back in contact, have job start a full month later.

Some places run on a completely different calander than the rest of the world.
          That's actually slightly reassuring...

Comment

It may also be that the company doing the drug test is backed up, or the company had several done at once and have to call everyone.

Comment

Working...
            X