This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm calling the cops!!

This afternoon was one I don't want to do again. First of all, I got called in early. See my latest post in the 'That One Coworker' thread for that story. The subject of this story is a phone call I took at around 2:00 PM today. This was after Manager had left for the day, and it was just me there. The characters are as follows:

RHB: Raging Hosebeast. The caller. Imagine everything she says in the most immature, angry, accusatory tone in the world.

ME: The poor C-Store assistant manager that is SO beyond ready for vacation.

ME: *gives C-Store greeting spiel*
    RHB: I want to speak to your manager!!
    ME: I'm sorry, ma'am, the manager isn't in right now.
    RHB: Put your manager on the phone!!
    ME: I'm sorry, ma'am, but the manager isn't in right now.
    RHB: Put her on the damn phone, or I'm calling the cops!!
    ME: *very firmly, and slower so maybe she'll get it through her thick head* Ma'am, the manager is not here right now.
    RHB: Well, who are you?
    ME: I'm the assistant manager.
    RHB: And you are?
    ME: *givs first name ONLY* May I ask what the situation is, so that I can try and help you?
    RHB: Do you have a *female name* that works there?
    ME: *okay, no explanation I guess* No, ma'am, we do not.
    RHB: Uh huh.
    ME: Ma'am, there is no one by that name that works here. I'm sorry.
    RHB: WELL! I'm gonna find out if she does, and I am calling the cops TO-NIGHT!

At this point, RHB ended the call. Okay, bitch, have fun reporting to the cops that some chick who doesn't work here did whatever she did, that you wouldn't specify to me. I'll laugh if they actually show up at the store - which they didn't while I was still working. If you'd calm the fuck down, listen, and try and have a civil fucking conversation with me, it might've helped. Then again, you wouldn't believe me, anyway. I wish I could be there to see what an ass you're gonna feel like when you realize you have the wrong store entirely. I understand being mad, but to the point of not listening to whoever you're bitching at, trying to get information from? Get the fuck over it, bitch! Life is too short to be that way! Have fun filing that "police complaint"!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

What the hell is she going to call the cops about? That your manager wasn't in? Not a crime. That you didn't have a [whatever name] working there? Also not a crime. That she thought you were lying and you really do have a [whatever name] working there? Still not a crime. I see a pattern here....
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I assume it's whatever the person she was looking for did....which she didn't specify. She didn't even give me her own name, just went off about wanting to talk to the manager. Like I said, good luck to her filing a complaint! The boys down at the LEC know us at the C-Store pretty well. I'd imagine they'll get a good laugh out of this looney!

Comment

And

You can almost be sure that what the girl she is looking did, also was not a crime.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
          You can almost be sure that what the girl she is looking did, also was not a crime.
          Bite your tongue, hosebeast was probably told "no" which is a level 10 crime in the SC Handbook...

Seriously, what in the world is her problem? I agree it's probably nothing and probably not even your store. And good luck getting the cops involved!

Comment

On te other hand, if hosebeast happens to figure out the right store to send the cops to, I feel sorry for the folks there that will be blindsided by all this. I imagine her shrieking that she talked to the assistant manager and warned her, when it wasn't even at that store. Yeah, this woman seemed THAT incompetent!

Comment

Go ahead and call the cops. There is a loudmouthed stalker on the loose...possibly violating an active restraining order.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Just once I'd like someone to follow through on this threat, then find themselves in the back of a police car for disturbing the peace and possible harassment charges. Self solving problems are the best!

Comment

Could it have been a prank call?
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

No, Mike, I don't think it was. I really have no update, so i'm assuming crazy bitch either figured out she was wrong, or gave up. I honesty don't care. It gave me a laugh, anyway!

Comment

Whoever the person is that she was looking for probably shorted her three cents in change from a purchase. Or refused to take an expired/other store's coupon. Or -- gasp! -- asked to see her ID for a tobacco and/or booze purchase! The ultimate crime!!
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I had a lady threaten to call the cops on me once when I declined to schedule a service call for her.
                        The reason I declined, she lived out of our service area (3 counties over)

Comment

A small update: Manager said the cops never showed, so I guess RHB didn't follow through. Also, Manager let the woman RHB was asking for know someone was after her, and said woman had no clue who RHB might be or what the hell the deal was. I think RHB was off her meds that day or something!

Comment

Working...
                          X