X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This guy was in the Twilight ZONE aparently

NICE busy Saturday night tonight.

Delivery Drivers are flying in and out of the door most of the night.

The MOD is running around making stuff, cutting stuff and answering phones.

Then THIS call comes in at about 1:00am

MOD asks for the phone number. It is an existing customer so the MOD read back the currently listed address. The customer confirms the address. It is a quirky chopped up apt building. AND the caller makes a point to confirm the quirkiness of the layout.

Order is taken, made, cut and boxed.

I get the order and head off to said quirky apt building. I arrive and know exactly where to go even IF the caller had not specifically mentioned the quirky layout.

I go in to the basement (where is person supposedly lives) and knock. and wait and wait. I knock again and wait. and wait.

No answer. I call said person and they tell me the following:

"OH I am not at my apt. right now BUT I am at <different address about 8 blocks away> Upper apt.".

Strike ONE

I head off to different address. AS I arrive at different address I notice that both the upper and lower apts are both dark with NO light in front or the side. AND the address given is NOT really correct as address given is actually the LOWER apt.

Strike TWO

I pull out my phone again and call the number. Pops into voice mail. I leave a message and prepare to wait a few minutes.

STRIKE THREE

after waiting 2 or 3 minutes someone comes out from the backyard and hails me.

AHHHHH the customer --- transaction complete and I leave

HOW can you KNOW you are NOT at your home base?????

I guess that means you have been heavily engaging in mind altering activities.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

When I slung pizzas for a living, there were times when I would swear that people thought Caller ID came complete with a current address and description of the clothes they were wearing, along with a note telling us where they were in the house.

I had plenty of times where someone would decided to take a nice, long shower a few minutes AFTER ordering the pizza, when they were the only person in the house >_< But the one that takes the cake was the lady who called us up at a sloooow time, and was nearby (meaning, we got there in like 20 minutes), and took the baby out for a stroll after she placed her order. I had to call and wait around another 15 minutes to wait for her to get back. When she opened the door -- her teenage son was standing there waiting for his pizza I asked her why he didn't answer when I arrived, and her response was, "Oh, he doesn't answer the door."
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

People. Are. STUPID.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        I had to call and wait around another 15 minutes to wait for her to get back. When she opened the door -- her teenage son was standing there waiting for his pizza I asked her why he didn't answer when I arrived, and her response was, "Oh, he doesn't answer the door."
        WTF? Waiting 15 minutes for her to get back, and the teenage son who was waiting for the pizza doesn't answer the door? I'm surprised that pizza didn't wind up back at the shop as "undeliverable - changed to pickup order". Teenage son doesn't answer the door? That means teenage son doesn't eat pizza.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Sounds like a helicopter mommy who has banned Baby from answering the door lest he have any interaction she's not there to control.

That or the kid has some serious developmental issue.
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

wolfie - Any place I've ever worked at will ask the customer to come get it....once. Then they'll send the driver right back out again (or another driver if they're not back soon enough) when they are not able to accomplish this (which is the norm). Naturally, the customer will be annoyed because "it took so long," more often than not.

Seanette -- No idea. All I know is, when she opened the door, he was standing right there. I figured he was just an asshole teen; she certainly didn't seem to be too happy about it, and has a "Well, what can you do?" attitude about it.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I'm not the most reliable at answering the door, but that's because I don't often hear the doorbell. (If we ever order pizza, we either get it pickup, or I will wait in a room where I know I can hear the doorbell. For parcels, it depends- and I could swear one particular driver juts stocks the "sorry you were out" card through the letterbox ( seriously, judging by the time on the card one time, he didn't even ring the doorbell, because I was in a room right next to the front door.)

Comment

Quoth sstabeler View Post
                I'm not the most reliable at answering the door, but that's because I don't often hear the doorbell. (If we ever order pizza, we either get it pickup, or I will wait in a room where I know I can hear the doorbell. For parcels, it depends- and I could swear one particular driver juts stocks the "sorry you were out" card through the letterbox ( seriously, judging by the time on the card one time, he didn't even ring the doorbell, because I was in a room right next to the front door.)
                I am at the door for at least 3 minutes knocking (sometimes cop knocking) ringing the doorbell (IF IT EVEN WORKS) or calling the number on the ticket before I even think about leaving.

yes parcel delivery is a different sort of animal,
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                X