This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Gripes

Busy day + lack of AC = one pissed off pharm tech.
    (also out of beer)

Anyway...

*People who stare at me when I'm outside of the pharmacy (i.e. coming back from lunch, the ladies room, etc. Wow, didn't know I was detachable, huh?)

*People who come in for one prescription and two weeks worth of groceries. That's what Stop & Shop is for.

*People who wait until I've finished cashing them out before asking why their medications cost so much, is that right? Can you double check?

*People who wait until I've subtotaled to hand me their coupons. And when I tell them it's too late and I have to void the entire sale, they say "Okay." oblivious of the dental patient standing behind them who just wants to pick up their fucking painkillers and go home.

*People who ask me for refills at the register, and then look at me as if I've suddenly farted when I tell them "wrong window."

*People who stand at the register and examine every single prescription bag, asking questions about all of them even after I've told them three times (or 12 times, or 47 times) "You need to go to the Consultation Window and talk to the Pharmacist about that."

*People who don't seem to realize that there is a goddamned line halfway down the vitamin aisle, every single one of them giving me the stink eye because you've been standing at the register for 7 minutes, endless rummaging through your purse for that coupon/pen/rewards card/three pennies/etc.

Also, my feet hurt.

Quoth Boomslang View Post
    Wow, didn't know I was detachable, huh?
    This made me . (And then cough, but thanks for the laugh anyway.)

I imagined some customer's mind melting at the sight. Holy crap! The medicine-dispensing hologram has left its projection zone! It's autonomous! I wonder if it's sentient now, too...

*People who stand at the register and examine every single prescription bag, asking questions about all of them even after I've told them three times (or 12 times, or 47 times) "You need to go to the Consultation Window and talk to the Pharmacist about that."
    And this made me think of The Sims. I played the original version for a little while way back when. You had to give your simulated person tasks, and those stacked into a queue. It would sometimes end up like:
    1. Go to the bathroom.
    2. Wash hands.
    3. Turn off TV.
    4. Put out fire in kitchen.
    Unless I removed those first three tasks, they'd be done before the sim could put out the fire. (There might have been an exception to some of those rules; it's been a long time since I played.)

Maybe this kind of SC is actually a real life Sim! Your command to go to the consultation window has been logged in their task queue, but they just can't do it until they've done all the other tasks that were previously assigned. They can't help it! It's in their programming!

(Disclaimer: Not much sleep lately. These comments may or may not be as hilarious as I think they are.)
    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
    - IPF

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
      And this made me think of The Sims.

4. Put out fire in kitchen.
      Do I want to ask why your Sims had a fire in the kitchen?

Comment

Some people make it an art form at killing their sims. Not me but there are time where I wouldn't mind being able to make some mean customers pee themselves.
        I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

A Sim with sufficiently low cooking skill could easily start a fire in the kitchen with ANYTHING that involves heat at all...including microwaving a bowl of oatmeal. It. Was. Glorious!
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Of course, and then go back if the stove is still working and cook the same thing again. Oh those Sims!
            I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Ok here's a few from me from Jeers (still can't believe I never have to go back there):

People who buy a $10 item first thing in the morning and pay with a $100 bill
              People who want me to throw away their nasty ice-cream encrusted cup from the food court
              People who can't read dates / conditions / anything else on coupons
              People who think shopping for shoes is a trip to the amusement park and bring the whole family including cousins, grandmas, aunts, uncles, exc (all of whom need to stand in my line for ONE person in their party to buy ONE thing)
              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

*People who come in for one prescription and two weeks worth of groceries. That's what Stop & Shop is for.
                Not pharmacy-related but a few months ago I had ordered something on Wally World's website and had it delivered to the store I typically go to. When I went to go pick said order up there was one lady in front of me at the online pick-up counter -- and three carts worth of stuff. It took the person behind the counter almost a half hour just to ring up everything, all the while four other people came up behind me and were waiting for their online orders as well.

By the time I managed to get to the counter I had spent nearly an hour behind the person with the three carts, because she threw a fit over every damn item in her carts. I was not the only person who was pissed off.
                Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Here's some gripes from the train.
                  People who act surprised that they need a boarding pass to get on the train. Yeah, we just let anyone on our train.
                  People who can't figure out how to operate a bathroom door.
                  People who come into my kitchen and ask if I can make them a cappucino or smoothie. No, that's about three cars down in the bistro car.

(As an aside, I love my job but people can still be annoying.)
                  Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    A Sim with sufficiently low cooking skill could easily start a fire in the kitchen with ANYTHING that involves heat at all...including microwaving a bowl of oatmeal. It. Was. Glorious!
                    In real life I started a fire making Jello. I was a kid though, and I wasn't allowed to use the stove after that for a few years. I spilled the water, and tried to clean it with a big wad of paper towels, but I forgot to turn the burner off. They dried out quickly and caught fire so I threw them in the sink.

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
                      In real life I started a fire making Jello. I was a kid though, and I wasn't allowed to use the stove after that for a few years. I spilled the water, and tried to clean it with a big wad of paper towels, but I forgot to turn the burner off. They dried out quickly and caught fire so I threw them in the sink.
                      When I was in Boy Scouts, I burned myself making Spagetti in the exact same way. (paper, not good for pot holders)

Took 4 years for the scars to heal.

I only injure myself when I forget a first aid kit. That is why I keep a well stocked one in my car, lowers the chance of me injuring myself.
                      I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Working...
                      X