This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know you're busy, but I don't care.

SC: "WHY should I have to call the insurance company for MY vacation overrides? That's YOUR job!"

Me: (in a perfect world) "Because I have seven pages in my queue, a line at pick up, the phone ringing off the hook and only 2 other employees besides me, including the pharmacist. I can do it for you, but only AFTER I am done answering all the phone calls, filling all 175 pending scrips and waiting on all of the customers who are dropping off and picking up. So it's going to be a couple of hours. YOU, however, are sitting at home on a Sunday afternoon on your privvied ass doing absolutely fuckall. YOU can call them YOURSELF and get it done in TEN MINUTES! Is that so very difficult, your Majesty? By the way, what's it like having a three month vacation to look forward to? I haven't had a vacation in over three YEARS, you Dowager Cow!"

Me: (in real life) "We always encourage our patients to call their insurance companies, just incase they have questions for you which we would not have the answers for." (which is true, as they will sometimes ask where the patient is going and for how long, etc - but mostly I was busy and didn't feel like playing nursemaid to another spoiled richie.)

I like the first reply better, but we all know the trouble you'll get into if you use it.

The second gets you off the hook, although not as satisfying...

Comment

"Actually for privacy and security reasons, no, it's not my job."

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
        "Actually for privacy and security reasons, no, it's not my job."
        THIS.

If it's HIS vacation and HIS insurance why the hell should you be involved in the first place?

Wait...I just remember what site I'm on...nevermind...
        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

If they are the one going on holiday - it's up to them to get all their crap sorted before they leave!

It's like booking a hotel room and then expecting the hotel to book your flights, day tours and travel insurance for you

Comment

Working...
          X