Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we supposed to come to your house and tell you the deals?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we supposed to come to your house and tell you the deals?

I really think that's what this lady wanted. She came to the service desk yesterday asking about some deal she found on her phone. I was asking all kinds of questions to figure out if it was on our app or if it was on our other app or if it was one of those deals generated at checkout (which it didn't do when she bought the item, so no go on that). Meanwhile, she was trying to find it on her phone, which wasn't cooperating. I sympathized and was thinking how I could bend the rules to give her something when she said the wrong thing: "What's really stupid is that I have to go looking for this for you." Oh, no she didn't. My not knowing every single one of the hundreds of deals we have every week doesn't mean I don't know my job. Furthermore, I was sincerely trying to help you, even using my phone to try to look it up for you. At that point I let her struggle until she found it. It was an online deal, a giftcard with purchase. I could have easily made an exception and created one for her but her attitude took that away. She went off talking about how "ridiculous" it was. Yes, her attitude was quite ridiculous.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Quoth Food Lady View Post
    "What's really stupid is that I have to go looking for this for you."
    Or in other words, "Hey, I'm shopping! Stop trying to make me think, OK?"
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
      Or in other words, "Hey, I'm shopping! Stop trying to make me think, OK?"
      You just made me wonder whether that's a symptom of shopping addiction. Losing immediate access to the High of the Buy does start to look a bit like someone jonesing for a fix. Take away my mum's cigarettes and her mood will turn on a dime.

Comment

Working...
      X