This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Kara View Post
    I know I mentioned it before, but I've been coming back to this in my mind all day. A selfless, kind, and wonderful man once told me, "You are loved." He was right. You mean something to someone out there. Never forget that fact.
    He certainaly was

I think one thing we can learn from this tragedy is that we're a family . . . we're near, far but all of us here are a family.

We're here for each other when things are rough and when things are good. That's the one special thing about this site that makes us what we are.

We care about humanity. We care about each other. We laugh together and we cry together.

We are one. And we will carry on in memory of our fallen Plaidman.

And I hope I'm not babbling too much . . . the full realization has hit now and I've been between bawling and trying to read the posts.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• *hugs everyone and bawls with everyone*
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

• I didn't know him as well as a lot of people here, but I'd always hoped to get to Portland some day so we could hang out.

It's nice but weird to put a name to this kind, helpful guy. Farewell, Driver Liles. Maybe we can still hang out someday.

I like to think that when someone dies, everything they're not is stripped away. Anger, sorrow, pain, illness...all of it gone, leaving just the person, who they really are. Looking at this thread, I feel like I can see who is really is now, who I always suspected him to be.
        Last edited by AnaKhouri; 06-30-2011, 01:13 AM.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth draggar View Post
          Just a heads up - his family said it was OK to make donations to NFNetwrk.org in his name (Driver Liles). I posted it on my FB wall, if you're friends with me feel free to report / share / whatever.
          Just made a donation. I also sent an e-mail to the NFNetwork because the donation paypal page didn't allow me to leave a message. I wanted his family to know that even though I only "knew" Driver through his posts, I can relate to their pain as a fellow bereaved parent/family member and it's not something I would wish on my worst enemy.
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• I can't help thinking that if Plaidy could text from the great beyond, he'd be sending out a mass text right now, comforting all of us.

This thought is both sad and weirdly happy at the same time....thought I'd share.
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

• He was such a fiercely loyal friend, even though a lot of us never got a chance to meet him in person.

For some reason, "The Rose" makes me think of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D1OuVAUYf4
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

• Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                I can't help thinking that if Plaidy could text from the great beyond, he'd be sending out a mass text right now, comforting all of us.

This thought is both sad and weirdly happy at the same time....thought I'd share.
                I can see that, strange at it may seem.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• I just saw all of this.

Plaid, I didn't know you very well, but you were the first person here to send me a friend request. I've always had a lot of respect for you. Your kindness and thoughtfulness were amazing. You were proof that chivalry still exists. I'm having a drink for you right now and wishing I could tell you this for real. I had hoped one day we would meet and hang out.
                  The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

• reading all these posts, it's...making me cry but it's kinda comforting too. This has hit me hard. He was like no one else I ever knew.
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• to those that are having a drink for him...it reminded me that about a week or two or three before this, i forget my sense of time is bad he had a week where he had the house to himself and oh man he enjoyed it, i don't know who else was aware but he got drunk and had a good old time staying at home and still managing to get school work done and play on his console.

and i got drunk texts but it was more fun. what hurts is that i can't seem to cry and i want to because i know it will help, so instead i turn to the good memories

Miss you fiercely Plaid. rest in peace

EDIT: got together with a friend to make a donation in his name, feel that i am helping by doing even though it just brings more tears
                      Last edited by Midnight12; 06-30-2011, 01:50 AM.

Comment

• I was thinking today about this, I was sad that someone had committed suicide. And realized that it ALWAYS touches more people than you might think.

when reading threads/posts, I enjoyed the stories he brought in. Yeah, he was sad/frustrated at times, but we all helped him, cared, and showed it. We do that for each other.

Plaidy, I hope you're up there with non sucky people, no pain and a comfortable chair, waving hi at us.
                        In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                        She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

• I haven't been on site for a long time--almost 3 months by the last count. However, I've been on CS since 2002 and Plaidman has always been a constant here.

For whatever it's worth, he will be missed by me. I hope he knows that wherever he is.
                          Do I dare
                          Disturb the universe?
                          In a minute there is time
                          For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

T.S. Eliot

Comment

• I'm sorry to see this. I didn't know Plaidman on a personal level, just by his postings.

My condolences for his family in this trying time.
                            Random conversation:
                            Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                            DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

• RIP Plaid, I wish I had gotten to know you better.

I think it may be beneficial as well, that we have some crisis numbers put up on the website if anyone else is planning to commit suicide. While it's too late for Plaid, we are all a supportive community (as evidenced by the messages here) and this is one way of providing the support.
                              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

• This keeps running through my head - it was read out at the funeral of another friend, I don't know where it comes from.

Thou goest this night to thy home of winter,
                                To thy home of autumn, of spring and of summer.
                                Thou goest this night to thy perpetual home,
                                To thine eternal bed, to thine eternal slumber.
                                Sleep, my love, and away with thy sorrow,
                                Sleep, love, sleep, and away with thy sorrow.
                                Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Working...
                                X