Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was healthier and we were wealthier, I travelled. And yes, I kept high-dollar traveller's cheques in my money belt, as well as some lower-dollar ones. They were part of my emergency stash; along with the serial #s of those cheques kept with several other important numbers in my belt and in every bit of my luggage.

I also had small stashes of large-denomination money, both $Aus and $US (where I was going). These were also emergency stash.

It's easier to conceal two small pieces of paper (or plastic cloth, in the $Aus case) than several such pieces.

Yes, a couple of times I did cash traveller's cheques. I went with my friend/host to his bank, signed them over as a deposit for him, and he gave me the small/normal $US bills to the same value. (Apparently it was easier for the teller to do the exchange for an existing customer of the bank than for a total stranger.)

A little advance planning, and you have both the benefits of large bills, and the utility of small. No big deal to plan to change them in an appropriate place - a bank!
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth drjonah View Post
      The trailer trash mother with her 4 kids from 4 different baby daddies
      I wouldn't be surprised if one of those women was "talented" enough to have 4 kids from 5 different baby daddies. Also, from what I've heard, fraternal twins by 2 different fathers aren't that rare.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
      X