This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now THAT's Some Old School Suck.

We just had a huge group come through Pioneer Village. About 1000 kids, plus teachers, in one day. This is not the suck, they were awesome.

We also let the general public in that day. Which meant we got to deal with an Annoying And Really Dopey Very Annoying Rampaging chicK. (Aardvark, for short)

The first sign we had that the Aardvark was going to be trouble was when she accosted my co-worker, S, outside our historic hotel. S was working as a floater for the school group, basically making sure all the stations had adequate supplies. The Aardvark got right in her face, asking what she was doing at Pioneer Village dressed like she was. (S was wearing black pants and a long sleeved, floral print shirt). S thought she was upset to see a staff member out of costume so she explained that only our interpretation staff are dressed as 'pioneers'. The Aardvark, who was at this point yelling, said that no, it was not that she was not dressed like a pioneer. She felt S's outfit was indecent and too revealing. (You could see her collarbones, oh my fetch my smelling salts!) She also said, while making it clear that she was not Muslim, that S would be offensive to any Muslim families who happened to visit the village. She said she was going to pray that S started to dress like the people she saw in the gift shop, who were buying pioneer bonnets. S did her best to disengage and walked away.

The Aardvark then went into our historic hotel where she found 25 happy young kids working on yarn dolls under the supervision of L, one of our most senior staff, and N a trainee on his first shift. Something seemed to let loose in the Aardvark's brain, because she proceeded to run around the room, snatching the scissors the kids were using, and screaming "They will cut themselves!! They will cut themselves!!". The kids were freaking out, understandably. The teachers were trying to figure out who this woman was. L was trying to talk her into giving back the scissors. The Aardvark refused to give them back because L "would just give them back to the kids". The Aardvark then fled the building with the scissors. N, the trainee, was sent on a desperate run to the Education Office to find more scissors and report the Aardvark to management while L ran a little 'counselling' session for the students who were very upset, because they felt they must have been acting dangerously for an adult to react that way.

This was when our boss, J, when out to confront the Aardvark. This is where things get a bit fuzzy. I don't know what the Aardvark did to J, because she was very shaken up when I spoke to her and just said "She assaulted me". J said she was not physically hurt, but she was really upset.

The police were called to deal with the Aardvark. The first I knew something was happening was when I saw two in-uniform officers in the village. I am hoping to hear if they caught the Aardvark and what happened next week when I work again, since J needed some quality time with her coffee before she will want to inform the staff.

That being said, this is the first time EVER that I have heard of the police being called to the village.

The staff all had a good laugh about 'indecent' shirts. One of the older ladies pointed out that she was a veritable prostitute for wearing a v-neck that day. We were able to assure poor N that most days are not like this, and all the kids finished their yarn dolls.

Apologies to any actual aardvarks. :P

Quoth Emmeileia View Post
    Something seemed to let loose in the Aardvark's brain, because she proceeded to run around the room, snatching the scissors the kids were using, and screaming "They will cut themselves!! They will cut themselves!!". The kids were freaking out, understandably. The teachers were trying to figure out who this woman was. L was trying to talk her into giving back the scissors. The Aardvark refused to give them back because L "would just give them back to the kids". The Aardvark then fled the building with the scissors.
    So, she's so adamant about the children cutting themselves...yet runs around with a handful of scissors? Talk about "do as I say, not as I do..."

Comment

-blinks- Holy cow that's insane.

Comment

I hope those kids are okay. Seeing Aardvark flipping out like that must've scared them! You and your coworkers did well. I look forward to the conclusion of the story.

Why has there always got to be one yutz who has to ruin everything?!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

It does create an interesting question.... what were sucky customers like back in the pioneer days?
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Their weren't almost any I bet. If you were like that you would get the shit beaten out of you or black listed from the only shop in the town. Lol. You were nice because if the owner decided not to sell to you then you couldn't get what you needed. They had things called consequences because people had fewer options. XD

Sometimes I wish we could still beat people over the head with a broom and chase them from (insert chosen place)without consequences. Some people really need to learn manners. >_>

Comment

I can't help but be reminded of the South Park episode where the Pioneer Village folks can't break character...ever.

Having said that, man what a rageaholic of an SC. I hope your boss pressed charges on her for the assault.
              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                I can't help but be reminded of the South Park episode where the Pioneer Village folks can't break character...ever.
                And Stan proceeds to pretend to be like them to get them to open up a vault of some kind.

As for that woman, holy cow that's completely insane. She sounds like someone who I like to think of as "helicopter PC" meaning that she's always hovering around for anything vaguely resembling something that could be offensive.

(I've managed to avoid copping flack about my outfits at work at the moment because I'm still "modestly" dressed [shoulders to knees are completely covered])
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

This might work better for an acronym

Amazingly Annoying Rude Douchy Villainous Asshole Rotten Knob
                  Last edited by Dracalous; 09-25-2014, 08:07 AM.

Comment

So far I count; Theft and Assault. Possibly Child Endangerment if she was running around with scissors. (depends on the kind "real" ones that have sharp points. Or "children" that are cheap plastic with rounded ends. The "children" scissors version would be even more ridiculous.)

Hope she gets a nice padded cell.
                    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Disturbing the peace, harassment and interfering with a business, too Here's hoping the cops both got her *and* got through to her, and convinced her to stay away. Better yet, if they got her, the Village can get her info in order to file a ban/restraining order against her.

Quoth Thana View Post
                      -blinks- Holy cow that's insane.
                      Cow? Check. Insane? Double Check. Holier-than-thou? Check. Sounds like you're right on all counts!
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Holy Wack Job, Batman!

Anxiously awaiting the conclusion of this most bizarre post!

Comment

Good to see the cops were called on her. Did the organization property get recovered?
                          Was aardvark committed? Was she at least banned?
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Emmeileia View Post
                            The first sign we had that the Aardvark was going to be trouble was when she accosted my co-worker, S, outside our historic hotel....(S was wearing black pants and a long sleeved, floral print shirt)....The Aardvark, who was at this point yelling, said that no, it was not that she was not dressed like a pioneer. She felt S's outfit was indecent and too revealing. (You could see her collarbones, oh my fetch my smelling salts!)
                            I do hope J is okay. I'm afraid to ask what the Aardvark did to her that upset her so badly.
                            Last edited by Peppergirl; 09-28-2014, 10:41 PM. Reason: Removed comment directed at a post that's been removed.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I too was thinking of the same South Park episode where the workers couldn't break character, but my favorite scene was Cartman sneaking him and Butters out to the Super Fun Time spot ("GET THAT GUY!! SHOOT THAT GUY")

Comment

Working...
                              X