This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haz been scolded ...

Some time ago I had a bout of something ... not the flu and definitely not coronavirus -- and lost a few days of work because of it. Which of course hit me in the paycheque. Which meant that when my meds ran out, I couldn't replace them. Being the slipshod person that I am, I decided I would get to it ... sooner or later (I should add that we are not talking about life-or-death meds, such as insulin for a diabetic).

Finally, today, I went to refill said 'scrips ... and got a lecture from the pharmacist for non-compliance.

Now I wonder if she's going to send a report to my physician ... whom I will be seeing in about a week ... thus causing her to give me a lecture as well.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

If the worst consequence you're facing from skipping your meds is getting a scolding, you can count yourself lucky! (And fairly healthy... )

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
      If the worst consequence you're facing from skipping your meds is getting a scolding, you can count yourself lucky! (And fairly healthy... )
      Absolutely agree!

To be sure, if I went without them for long enough, it would definitely impact my health ... but since I saw the consequences of that with my mother, I have no plans whatever to follow that same path.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

That pharmacist has no business scolding you for skipping your meds unless they are willing to provide them to you when you can't pay for them.

Somehow I don't think they will do that.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Some of my meds have fairly unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. (For me, specifically; withdrawal symptoms vary a whole lot for different people and are nonexistent in many cases.)

Compliance is no longer an issue as a result.
          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
          X