Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having spoken with my friend Sam, who has seen both the 3D and the 2D versions of Thor, don't waste the money on 3D. The only part of the movie that has 3D is the end credits.

I liked how they did it as well. The depiction of the Bifrost and Jotunheim, Heimdall kicks ass (who cares if he's black, HE KICKS ASS), they did away with the Middle Ages dialog (no "I SAY THEE NAY" to be found here), and I liked the subtle nods to other Marvel figures in the movie. (Hint-- keep an eye out for another Avenger and a certain... Man of Power, shall we say. )

As always, stay to the end of the credits for another Marvel movie teaser. Spoiler: The Cosmic Cube! :end Spoiler.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I enjoyed Thor. You do need to kinda switch off that which you know about Norse Mythology tho. Otherwise Sif should have been getting really REALLY jealous....

And Sheldon - Yes, I'd like to be Thor. He is teh uber awesome. I was discussing him (Mythos wise) with someone earlier, and the funny bit was about him having two goats -

Thor - "Oh. You have a winged horse. Oh, so and so has horses on their chariot. Dad has a eight legged horse. What do I have? Two goats. And no-one will make fun of that. Cos I'll kick their butt if they do"

Movie wise, I did laugh at the Paperweight manouver. - Spoiler - During a fight scene with Loki, Thor knocks him on his back, then puts his hammer on Loki's chest and walks off.
      "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
      Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
        Would anyone really like to be Thor?
        I'd love to be Sif . . .

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
        I enjoyed Thor. You do need to kinda switch off that which you know about Norse Mythology tho. Otherwise Sif should have been getting really REALLY jealous....
        Clearly Sif is a modern woman now . . . too self assured to be jealous

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
        Thor - "Oh. You have a winged horse. Oh, so and so has horses on their chariot. Dad has a eight legged horse. What do I have? Two goats. And no-one will make fun of that. Cos I'll kick their butt if they do"
        Hey, those two goats mean Thor is always ready for a tailgate party . . . and he still doesn't have to worry about transportation the next morning when he sobers up
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
          I'd love to be Sif . . . :
          Well if you ever want to be Thor, bend over and you thoon will be. lol!!!
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Yeah, that's what I thought you were getting at.

Sif should have been blond. Her hair represented fields of wheat (fertility).

And it's not pronounced BY-frost, it's bee-frost. Oh well. Sorry, I'm picky about these things.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Oh, I so walked into that one . . .
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                Oh, I so walked into that one . . .
                ...the shortest distance between buns is a straight gay line...
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I saw this today. IT. IS. AWESOME.

I admit, I wolf-whistled at the shirtless scenes with Chris Hemsworth. The visuals were AMAZING. Nice to see as well that they didn't completely go with the "Vikings wore horns on their helms" thing, barring Odin and Loki. (Yes I know it's a comic book but STILL!) I also admit, I squeed at the beginning scene where the mother and child were frozen-why? Cause they got the clothing correct for the mother. (the apron-type thing) I was proud that I was able to pick it up as well-gotta love having a boyfriend who knows tons about Viking culture.

But yes, you do have to switch off with your knowledge about Viking culture/myths.

I swear during the bar scene in this film, I could see Thor as Legolas and Solveig as Gimli
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                    The visuals were AMAZING. Nice to see as well that they didn't completely go with the "Vikings wore horns on their helms" thing, barring Odin and Loki. (Yes I know it's a comic book but STILL!)
                    The costuming was a nod to the costuming from the comics, which from a comic geek standpoint is the way to go

Comment

In reference to the myths, it's easy for me to go, "well, this is an alien culture. as in extraterrestrial." I mean, come on. The frost giants. Srsly. but yeah.
                      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
                      X