This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth monolayth
    But everything is going good. If only people would actually RSVP. Seriously I have maybe 10 out of 70 RSVPs.
    time to start calling

Comment

The toddler will be in suit. My fiance has two older boys who live with us (their mother is, well, a crappy mom.) They will be wearing matching suits and have little hats too. Going to be an awesome pic I tell ya.

Ya the calling starts April 2nd.
      My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

With luck, this is what my dress will look like...
        Attached Files
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

So I'm curious - for those of us on here planning a wedding, when will it be occurring?

Mine will be in the fall - not sure what year yet though. I've got to graduate first (next spring) and then find a job and an apartment. But that hasn't stopped me from planning or getting stuff. I just figure its easier for me to spread out the expense over a longer period of time.

And since everyone else is posting pretty dresses, here's the one I've fallen in love with:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_...t-front-9T9218
          Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 03-31-2011, 02:52 PM. Reason: merged

Comment

I hate to tell those of you planning weddings this, but most of your invitees will not RSVP, even with a reply card and pre-addressed, pre-stamped envelope to mail it in. When you call, they'll either say "I assumed you knew I was coming" OR "I assumed you knew I couldn't come." It is extremely annoying, but everyone I've ever known who has gotten married and had more than 12 people at the wedding has had this problem. When one of my husband's cousins got married, his aunt later told me that we were the ONLY guests who RSVP'd. So, yeah, plan to call a good 60-80 percent of your guest list to find out if they're coming or not.
            Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

I am getting married on May 5th. Yes that is a Thursday. Yes that is Cinco de Mayo. Yes it is odd. Yes it is in 36 days. And Yes, You May watch! I plan on streaming it online via Ustream.
              My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

I love weddings and dresses! Mono I love your gown!
                My niece is getting married again next year (she just got married at the local courthouse 2 weeks ago, her husband just left for Afghanistan yesterday) They are planning the big church wedding next year when Mark comes home. Since me and my other sister are pitching in to buy her gown we made her promise to take us with her for when she starts looking. I can't wait! Gowns and weddings are my thing, I always thought I should have been a wedding planner, lol.
                Congrats to all you new brides-to-be!

Comment

Quoth Indigo
                  So I'm curious - for those of us on here planning a wedding, when will it be occurring?
                  I've been planning on next May. I have my exams in the fall, and I won't have time to do any serious planning until after that's over. However, we just had a slight medical scare with Fiance, and now I'm not sure that I want to wait that long....

Quoth Indigo View Post
                  And since everyone else is posting pretty dresses, here's the one I've fallen in love with:
                  LOL, that one's also on my "I want to try on" list. There are others that I like better, but it's very pretty!
                  "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                  Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

September 10th. I don't want to mention just how long the engagement's been. (Again. I'm sure I've mentioned it around here once or twice...)
                    Unseen but seeing
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Becks, we considered 9/10/11, too, but we're both NY'ers, and having a celebration that close to the 10th anniversary of 9/11 was just a bit too painful. So we're 11/11/11 instead. ^.^

It worked out anyway - our photog wasn't available for anytime in September or October, and will give us a serious discount for having a Friday wedding. Go us!

Comment

My grandma pulled the "I'm 89 years old and won't live forever" card, grabbed a calendar and wouldn't let me choose May of next year, so the MOTHâ„¢ chose the date.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
                          So we're 11/11/11 instead. ^.^

It worked out anyway - our photog wasn't available for anytime in September or October, and will give us a serious discount for having a Friday wedding. Go us!
                          So you're getting married the same day Skyrim comes out?
                          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
                            Becks, we considered 9/10/11, too, but we're both NY'ers, and having a celebration that close to the 10th anniversary of 9/11 was just a bit too painful. So we're 11/11/11 instead. ^.^

Nice idea on a Friday wedding, I might have to talk to the fiance about doing that for ours. One of our main issues with the venue we want is that it is a Boy Scout campground and always has events going on during the weekends. Small events I don't mind because the local guys are respectful enough to be quiet when they pass through since they know us, but a big event worries me big time. And since we were looking at late summer/fall-ish we have to deal with the tail end of summer camp and then the beginning of Order of the Arrow events.

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                            LOL, that one's also on my "I want to try on" list. There are others that I like better, but it's very pretty!
                            I've looked at tons of gowns (my way of de-stressing from school), both in catalog and in person, and this one just keeps pulling me back. I haven't tried it on yet though because I want to wait til Mom's there to see (I'm the only daughter, etc). However if that one ever goes on markdown, better believe I'm going to drag Momma there and get it. I'm sure the dress would keep for a year or two just fine. I'm having an outdoor wedding at a campground so I really don't want anything with a huge train or lots of poofiness in it and the guys aren't going to be in tuxes either. That one just looks like it'd go fine with sport coats and a pig-pickin'.
                            Last edited by iradney; 04-02-2011, 12:15 PM.

Comment

I was talking to Mom the other night and she had a "great idea" (aw crap). "Why don't you ask *neighbor* if she'll make your dress for you! I know she makes dresses and I think she's done some for weddings!!"

So, here are the facts: Neighbor (T) does indeed have experience with sewing, crafting, flower arranging, and wedding planning. In fact, as her wedding gift to my sister, she helped us decorate the church, make punch, and generally ran things on the day of wedding. However, she is also a slightly old-fashioned Southern lady and I keep seeing myself in some kind of Steel Magnolias-esque monstrosity. There is also the problem of distance (I can't just pop in anytime for fittings, for example).

On one hand, it would likely save money and I'd have a better shot at having a dress that fits well that I could design. On the other hand, she could bedazzle it to pieces. What do you think?

ETA: I did actually have a good idea the other night. When my sister got married all the female "guests of honor" (moms, grandmoms, aunts) got a corsage. I thought, instead of a corsage, why not get some antique pins/brooches? Mom's got a ton at home, and I can easily hit up the antique stores here. Then they can take them home as keepsakes.
                              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

My usual advice to brides:

Should you decide to take his name:
                                You'll need to report the name change to the Social Security Admin.

When you combine households, consider donating the surplus stuff (how many toaster and microwaves do you really need?). Here's a handy value guide for claiming the charity donations. Remember keep each donation under $5k per organization per day and always get the tax receipt.

Yes, you're welcome to PM me if you have any questions.

BTW congratualtions.
                                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                                X