Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love that you have a sapphire. My engagement ring is also a sapphire and my husband met some very nasty jewelry store clerks who indicated he was cheap for not buying a big honking diamond. I hate diamonds- I ASKED for a sapphire!

Added: Sapphires also traditionally stand for 'fidelity', which is a nice thought.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I'm really upset by how much they're asking. The design was a simple re-creation of an existing piece. And they're asking twice as much as we expected.

I can't even express how upsetting this is.

Comment

Try checking for a stone cutters group or metalworking group in your area. They may have more ideas on how to make your ring for a more reasonable cost. Especially if you already have the stones. Are you going to use metals that you have already or new metal? Also check with shops selling uncut gems or "rock shops" They often have onsite jewelers and some really good ideas.

Comment

My 2nd wedding garb consisted of a tie dyed shirt and shorts..

That dress looks a lot like the one I was going to wear had I gone the wedding route the 2nd time around, except mine was lavender.

I did have a dress made for a wedding too, it was a exact replica of the "Sink Dress" from Titanic, layers of lavender and pink chiffon, I got about 1/4 of the way through the plans when I just said "Forget about the whole thing..." How my grandmother planned my 1st wedding (I just wanted a court house deal) without going completely out of her mind is beyond me.
          Last edited by HappyFun Ball; 05-12-2011, 08:02 AM.
          http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

That really sucks Kia. i hope you get it all figured out.
            My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

I'm going to some Boston jewelers in a couple weeks to see if they can beat the price. We'd budgeted about half that cost, and that was supposed to include repair of the wedding band as well. If no one can beat the price, I'll find a piece of estate jewelry and keep the original piece as a pinky ring for special occasions.

Comment

I love sapphires. When my fiance asked me what style and stones I liked for an engagement ring I told him that I loved sapphires. Diamonds are nice but I really hate those really huge ones that some women like. He did perfect with my ring when the time came.

He went with www.shaneco.com when he designed the ring. While they are based out here in Colorado but they do mail out to different places in the country and I think they are reasonable with prices.

Comment

Working...
                X