This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roommate Trouble, 2011 Edition.

So my brand new roommate just moved in at the beginning of the month, and I thought all was well.

Silly, silly Jester.

But first, let's look at what Mr. Anti-Social and I did for this...person. We allowed her to move right in after she had driven down from Wisconsin. We did not make her go through the application process, which would have involved a $75 nonrefundable application fee. And we even said we would work with her on the deposit, as in, let her pay it within the first month.

As it turns out, we got played.

When she first moved in, everything was great. There were a few issues, but we resolved them. Hell, I even took her out to a very nice (and not cheap) local brunch for her birthday. I even loaned her some cash out of my pocket at a local food festival.

Two days ago, she informed us that she is moving out at the end of the month.

That's right, kids. Despite having originally agreed to giving us 30 days notice, she gave us SEVEN. And never did pay the fucking deposit.

So now my roommate and I are looking at having to each pay 50% more in rent to cover this fucking cunt (I will not apologize for my language when it comes to this foul creature) if we don't find a new roommate pronto.

When I attempted to open a dialogue and see if we could resolve the issues she says she has, she put a stop to that by informing me she already had a new place and had already put down a deposit on it.

From our perspective, it looks very much like she used us as a stepping stone into Key West until she got a place more to her liking.

I want to throw her out immediately. She wants to stay till the 30th. I talked to a cop, and technically, even though she is not on the lease, I can't really throw her out immediately. I could start eviction procedures against her, but that takes about 10 days at the quickest, so it would be a moot point. I can't even start hauling her stuff out of the apartment, since it is not mine.

However, the cop was very enlightening about some other things. For instance, I can be very obnoxious and loud to her in the apartment. And there is nothing illegal about printing up fliers and posting them around the island informing would be landlords and roommates what a completely horrible person she is.

I am still going to try to get her to move out early. I am going to be the most horrible person she's ever seen. And that poor silly bunny doesn't understand how truly small this island is. Word gets around...fast. And I may not always be the most beloved person in Key West, but I am popular enough to make it so she is going to be shocked at how unpopular she becomes and how quickly.

If it would not land me in jail, they would find her head floating in the ocean tomorrow. I am that pissed off.

So, the Cursed Third Room continues to plague us. Anyone wanna move to Key West?

Now, if you'll pardon me, while you ponder that possibility, I am going to go repeatedly slam my head into the kitchen counter.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

this is called "shitting where you sleep."
    I wanted to say something about not being vindictive, blah, blah bl-- fuck that. I can't really say anything against what you're doing in good (or bad) conscience.
    I would not have had the balls to do what she did.
    start the procedures against her anyway, just to stress everyone out. It'll be funny.
    hug?
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
      start the procedures against her anyway, just to stress everyone out. It'll be funny.
      It would be, and I had considered it, not just for the amusement factor but just to have it on her record, but I work weekdays, starting at 10 am, so I would almost certainly have to take time off work. Lose more money because of this unconscionable harpy? Not a chance!

hug?
      No, no hugs. I am not in a very hugging mood at the moment. SHOTS, however, will be gladly accepted.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Okay, so no hug. There's some cost-benefit analysis thingy that says 'losing' money over something you enjoy/take pleasure in isn't really lost money... but I take it that you've written her off as worth less than the bar $$.
        or ... type of shots...?
        EDIT: she might have told you at 7 days just to do that with the procedures, the dumb bitch.
        Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 04-24-2011, 02:20 PM.
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Here you are, a shot .
          For the bitch of course .

Comment

I take it that you've written her off as worth less than the bar $$.
            She's worth less than the dog shit I scrape out of the treads of my shoes.

type of shots...?
            I am not overly particular at the moment. As long as they don't have caffeine, I'm good to go.

EDIT: she might have told you at 7 days just to do that with the procedures, the dumb bitch.
            She clearly had this pre-planned, seeing as she already has a new place lined up and has put down a deposit on it.

I seriously want to strangle this fucking wench.

One friend suggested I take a sock filled with Tide (I assume powdered) and beat her while she sleeps. If I thought I could do this and stay out of jail, I would do it and not even think twice about it.

Still A Customer."

Comment

I wouldn't do that if I were you. I understand that you're upset with the situation, I'd be pissed too. BUT to do what you're contemplating, that might backfire & cause you to look bad in ways you just don't know about yet. Karma has away of taking a big bite out of your ass.
              Just let her move out when she said she'll move out & be done with it. Don't lower yourself down to her level. Just move on from this & consider it an abject lesson.

Comment

Ah, but you're not me. I'm me. And there is one thing about me you seem to have missed. And that is that I am one mean vindictive bastard when wronged. And I feel about as wronged as I've ever felt.

I appreciate your counsel, don't get me wrong. And I thank you for it. And honestly, I don't have to do much more than talk to my friends about this bullshit, and word will get out. That being said, if I do do more than that, it is because I choose to, and because I will make it my personal mission to make this woman's stay on this island miserable...and preferably very short. (By the way, the betting pool is now open on how long it takes before she leaves this island.)

This is my island. She's about to learn that.

And I've said it before: you don't fuck with Jester. Bad things happen to people who fuck with Jester. People who have fucked with me in the past have regretted it. And she's about to learn that, too. In spades.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Just out of curiosity, she doesn't know about this board does she?

Comment

By the way, the betting pool is now open on how long it takes before she leaves this island.
                    She is stupid, dishonest and she doesn't care what people think of her. I'm betting on a little more than two months. Let's say 10 weeks .

Comment

As Rob just pointed out there is no vendetta like a small town vendetta...

Go for the poster and contact landlords scheme...
                      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Make every day No Pants Day.
                        "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
                          Just out of curiosity, she doesn't know about this board does she?
                          Do I strike you as someone who is phenomenally stupid?

Not that I would care about her seeing my diatribes against her, but I absolutely would not post my possible plans against her in a place I knew she knew about.

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                          She is stupid, dishonest and she doesn't care what people think of her. I'm betting on a little more than two months. Let's say 10 weeks .
                          She is not stupid, though she has a far higher opinion of herself than is reallyl warranted.

And she is stubborn, so I give her four to six months.

Quoth patiokitty View Post
                          You are taking this much calmer than I would if I were in your place.
                          Funny, my friends don't think I'm calm. Especially considering the repeated comments of "if it wouldn't land me in jail, her head would be floating in the ocean right now."

I'd be beyond livid and tossing her shit out on the street the second she told me what was leaving, had a place, and put a deposit down.
                          Tempting. Not legal. I had a nice discussion with a cop. Also, the potential for retaliation is high, especially while she still has keys for the place. I pick my battles.

I'm also enough of a bitch that I'd be finding out where she is moving to and giving her new landlord a heads up about the shit she just pulled.
                          Trust me, as soon as I figure out how to find out that information, I am all over it.

And of course there is the whole word of mouth thing - I'd be bitching loud and clear to everybody about the bullshit she's pulling.
                          Check.

And probably posting notices in some very well-visited areas, not to mention places like Craigslist and so on.
                          Imminent.

I couldn't do the roomie situation again...
                          It's not always perfect, but it does have its up side. I've lived with Mr. Anti-Social for almost ten years without too many problems, and none of them were serious.

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
                          Make every day No Pants Day.
                          I'd have no problem with it, but (A) Mr. Anti-Social would vehemently object, and (B) she wouldn't give too craps.

Hell, the woman practically has a "Vacancy" sign blinking between her legs. It's nothing she's not used to seeing. Regularly. (Though probably not as high quality.)

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            Hell, the woman practically has a "Vacancy" sign blinking between her legs.
                            is that because of or in spite of her probable "tenants"?

this keeps going through my brain...sorry
                            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Jester,you're a bartender,you do "know" people don't you?
                              "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X