Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hate feeling guilty for doing the right thing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You did the right thing. YOU didn't screw your class, they did it themselves, or at least the ones who were involved in it did.

Too bad it never occurred to any of them that staying honest throughout the test-writing/taking might be part of the test.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
      I would never, *ever* have them write the actual exam. Frankly, it smacks of laziness on the teacher's part.
      Not necessarily laziness, but sadism. In my academic experience, the toughest exams were ones that were culled from questions submitted by students. Everyone (yes, yours truly included) put one or two difficult question to gain an advantage. Now multiply that by 20-40.
      Plaid, you did the right thing. If this cheating incident resulted only in a lecture/harangue, I would say you all got off easy.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Plaid, as you said, you did the right thing. And you didn't backstab the class....the cheaters did. Whether or not you like this girl, what she and her cohorts did was wrong. And there is a good chance that others would have or actually did tell the teachers about it.

Look, it sucks for the class, sure. But the only people that should have any feelings of guilt are the people who cheated. No matter how nice they are, they fucked up.

So stop feeling guilty, and hold your head up high, my friend. You did right, they did wrong. Fuck 'em. Move on. (And if you really like this girl, when then fuck her, too. In the good way, that is.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
        X