This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Job Position is AWESOME.

*My turn to get lunch. While I was away, Co-Worker was fixing an old lady's phone. Dude walks in, Co-worker politely says "I will be with you in just a moment, sir." Dude yells "Don't bother! I'm leaving! This music makes me want to slit my wrists!" Radio was playing softly, one could barely hear the Rage Against the Machine on the local rock station. Paul politely asks Dude what music he prefers. Dude responds with "Country, and country only!" in an authoritative voice. Paul smiles and says "Well sir, that's a coincidence. Country makes me want to slit my wrists!" Dude storms out, Old Lady laughs heartily.

*Five minutes ago, same co-worker is selling a phone to a different guy. Guy asks "Does this phone have that Paris Hilton Night Vision feature with the camera?"

This new job is so unbelievably awesome. And I am so not being sarcastic. This is a whole new breed of retarded people. I love it.
    I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

lol, sounds like you'll have plenty of stories for us courtesy of this job.
    And i agree, country music makes me wanna slit my wrists too.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Well it's essentually the same job. Boss just closed my local store, and I work at the one in Kansas City now. I have a few more responsibilities though. The customers are different, and my co-worker is awesome, and will be handy to have around as backup for the jerks. Yay me.
      I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

Comment

yeah, kansas city has some wierd ones, everywhere from the snobby plaza entitled to the country hicks that dont know. so, what type of business is this wonderous job of freedom?

Comment

Quoth Myra
          Guy asks "Does this phone have that Paris Hilton Night Vision feature with the camera?"
          hehe... that is classic myra :P

Comment

Country could make anyone suicidal. Myra...what new position? New location?

Heh heh.
            The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

All this bashing on country music. Dang, makes me want to fire up a old pickin' song.

I never understood people "hatred" for specific type of music. I have my preference, so does everyone. But as long it's music, it's music. Now I can understand the dislike of a specific band's choice of lyrics.

That Dude is missing a few screws, country has their version of "metal" too. Anyone ever listen to the original Kentucky Headhunters?
              I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Quoth LostMyMind
                I never understood people "hatred" for specific type of music. I have my preference, so does everyone. But as long it's music, it's music. Now I can understand the dislike of a specific band's choice of lyrics.
                It comes from being in a store, or an office, or (worst of all) work, or somewhere else, that has a type of music you're not particularly fond of playing. And playing. And playing. And playing. And you can't get away from it because you need to see the doctor, or keep a steady paycheck, or whatever.

Repeated, prolonged exposure builds "I'm not fond of this" to "AIIIEEE!!! MY BRAIN'S MELTING!"

(BTW: I frequently listen to music for the music, not the lyrics, so I'm often annoyed by any choice of words that gets in the way of the music.)

Comment

Country is good. I don't like Rap, but I can listen to it.
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn
                    It comes from being in a store, or an office, or (worst of all) work, or somewhere else, that has a type of music you're not particularly fond of playing. And playing. And playing. And playing. And you can't get away from it because you need to see the doctor, or keep a steady paycheck, or whatever.
                    I can agree with this.

I hate country music passionately.

I'm certain that this started with my parents, because that's all they will listen to. Years and years of the same old records being played over and over every weekend will eventually make your ears bleed. I couldn't really escape the music in my room either because they are mostly deaf so would crank the music.

Before they overplayed it, I actually liked some of it.

It just continues nowadays at work. There are certain departments that play it constantly...half the time I wander by at odd hours, no one is there...but by God, the country music is still going. Arg. There's just no way to escape it sometimes.

Comment

I used to be able to tolerate light rock before I started working at Store of Satan (S(last name) Office Supplies in real life), but then... five days a week of light rock, and not only that, but the the same five or six songs on a loop it seemed. That was years ago and to this day I still fly into a homicidal rage at the sound of Kenny G or Rod Stewart.
                      Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

In this area (Pacific NW) a high percentage of retail places play the local oldies station, or play commercial music mixes that are the same music, mostly late Fifties, all of the Sixties, early Seventies pop.

Now I'm a baby boomer, this was our pop music, and *I'm* tired of it. I feel VERY sorry for the young people who work in these places. Nothing like being forced to listen to music that is 40-50 years out of date shift after shift.
                        Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
                        TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn
                          It comes from being in a store, or an office, or (worst of all) work, or somewhere else, that has a type of music you're not particularly fond of playing. And playing. And playing. And playing. And you can't get away from it
                          This must be why I don't particularly like xmas music...too many years working retail at the mall!
                          Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Try Christmas music sung by Nsync or the Simpson sisters. *shudder* I still wake screaming in the night.
                            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

You know what you get when you play a country song backwards?

You get your wife back, your house back, your truck back, and your dog back.

But seriously, there was a time I absolutely despised country. But once rap and hip-hop took off, country didn't seem so bad anymore. I can actually tolerate it now.
                              Sometimes life is altered.
                              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                              Uneasy with confrontation.
                              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                              X