Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What part of "fill in the blank" don't you understand?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What part of "fill in the blank" don't you understand?

Two calls that happened to me today:

Me: Me
    SC: brain dead customer

Me: I've noted that you're going to be making that payment on Friday. There is a note here asking me to remind you that at this time, we are no longer able to take personal checks on this account so your payment needs to be made by money order or certifed bank check. (Due to past NSF checks)

SC: Oh, I know, but that account has been closed so I'm using a new checking account. Bla, bla bla....(explains situation)

Me: I'm glad you were able to get that straightened out, however at this time we still can not accept personal checks on this account.

SC: But I have a new checking account and that problem has been resolved....(and she goes on and on......)

Me: (what I wanted to scream: WHAT PART OF "WE CAN'T TAKE YOUR DAMN CHECKS" DON'T YOU FRIGGIN' UNDERSTAND???)

Second call:

Background: Our company offers Furance and Air conditioning tune ups. This is a pre-paid service (since customers like to schedule appointments then say: I can't pay<whine>.....

Me: Yes, we can tune up your AC for $84 pre-paid today on your credit card. Once your payment is processed a tech will call you to schedule your repair.

SC: I'd like to schedule this for Friday.

Me: thinking.....<did you freakin' hear what I just said?> Maam, we'll do the best we can, now as I said once your order payment has processed, you will be called to schedule this appointment.

SC: Oh, you mean I have to pre-pay?

Me: <Doh!> Yes, will that be Master card or Visa?

SC: I'll have to call you back, my husband has the credit card and he's not home.

I was ready to pull out my hair!!!

To top off these two idiots, I had a guy who was the most skilled manipulator I've ever encountered on the phone. He twisted every word I said and heard only what he wanted to hear, just to get out of a $35 reconnection fee and a $60 security deposit that we had every right to ask for before reconnecting his service. He ended up asking for a supervisor, Thank God!!

I ended up using my last "Get out of jail free" cards and left early today and went to get lunch and a facial.....I deserved it!!

Quoth Pinkie View Post
    T

Me: (what I wanted to scream: WHAT PART OF "WE CAN'T TAKE YOUR DAMN CHECKS" DON'T YOU FRIGGIN' UNDERSTAND???)

SC: I'll have to call you back, my husband has the credit card and he's not home.

I was ready to pull out my hair!!!

As for the first one, I still had customers with the "C" indicator on their account, which meant "cash only" yet they still paid with a check at an agency or somewhere we could not catch it in time.

As for the "my husband has the credit card" theme, you know this is a big fat lie to begin with. Those that have atrocious credit were always the ones who would say this, and it was mainly the fact that they were surprised someone saw their credit and needed a way to guarantee they weren't pulling the wool over their eyes.

Comment

Working...
    X