This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is listening really that difficult?

Me: Thank you for calling Bugaboo Cell Company, my name is TPG, my rep ID is 12345, can I have your mobile number please?

SC: what was your number?

Me: 12345. Can I get your mobile number please?

SC: my name is Jane Doe. I want to know about blah blah blah...

Me: Ok, I need to look at your account to answer that for you. Can I have your mobile number please?

SC: Well, I also have this problem. Blah blah blah?

Me: I don't know. I need to look up the account first.

SC: well I gave you my name, can't you look it up under that?

Me: *grinding teeth* I need the mobile number please.

Me: Thank you for calling Bugaboo Cell Company, my name is TPG, my rep ID is 12345, can I have your mobile number please?

SC: Huh?

Me: Can I have your mobile number please?

SC: Uh...I'm tryin to put minutes on my friend's phone.

Me: ok, can I have the cell number please?

SC: Why didn't my order go through?

Me: *grinding teeth* I don't know, sir. I need to look up the account. What's the cell number?

SC: Hang on. *yelling* Hey, dude, what's your cell number?

SC: Why have I been transferred to you?

Me: I'm not sure yet, Ma'am. Can I get your cell number, please?

SC: Well I just placed an order with someone there, she didn't know what the hell she was doing. Then she told me she was going to transfer me, and blah blah blah... I just want minutes on my phone!

Me: I understand that, Ma'am. Can I get the cell number so I can look up the account and see what's going on?

SC: I don't know what the number is. *snottily* I don't call myself, you know.

*sigh*
    Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Don't worry PG, the only reason why they don't listen is becuase it's EFFORT. Why should they have to make EFFORT when there's a lowly slave like you around to do all the thinking for them!?

*hands over choccie*
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Mmmm, choccie. It's that time of the month, I crave choccies and would steal them from a baby without a shred of remorse...

iradney, you're going to make me fat!
      Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

But these are special choccies, with double the goodness and none of the calories!
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
          Lol, if I was taking that call, it'd be so tempting to reply "Not too popular, eh?" and when they demand to know why you said that, point out that most ppl atleast know their own number because they have cause to give it to other people. So they can, you know, call you?
          That would probably go over their heads, alas. I suppose people who have business cards would just hand one of those over (and could consequently not know their number off by heart) but then why not just read it directly off the card to the operator?

I don't know why I'm trying to find the logic in their thinking.

Comment

I have noticed that most young kids don't know their cell numbers. This is because when they call their friends, the number comes up on their friend's phone, and they can just store it right then and there. So most of these kids never give out their cell number to friends, all they have to do is call once and its stored forever.

Comment

they never listen, they only hear what they want to
              I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

Comment

SC: well I gave you my name, can't you look it up under that?
                You should just say "hold on, there it is. Mr/Ms. Jane. It appears your account is late. How would you like to pay the $1000 late bill today?"
                Of course, I'm cruel like that.
                I have to admit that I've done this myself. Without the *snottily* part. I'm just bad with remembering names and numbers even my own. But I will take a moment to hunt it down.
                I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

I-I can't remember my home phone number half the time; I've got an old rotary phone next to me, but the number on that was from when we were living in another state twenty years ago. XD
                  "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Working...
                  X