This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, this happened last night.

It's sort of the fault of the custy but as well as the person at the service desk.

I work at a large retail store (we won't name names), but I went up last night to get the returns for my department and in the bin was a ziplock bag from our Deli with freshly cut ham in it. The ziplock portion was open, but was able to be sealed, but it was open.

There was a defective tag on it and the reason it was returned is because it was opened. Which boggles my mind, of course I'd probably get fired for not kissing the customer's ass and talking to them like they're a retard, but I would have just looked at the bag and said "Did you just get this from the Deli?"

If the custy said yes, I would zip the bag shut, and hand it to them, tell them "It's closed, check the receipt and make sure they paid for it, and then tell them to have a nice day"

I mean, How friggin dumb do you have to be that you can't figure out how to close a ziplock bag?
    Last edited by protege; 04-25-2007, 03:42 PM. Reason: Took out the political statement
    So I tell the swamp donkey to sock it before I give her a trunky in the tradesman's entrance and have her lick me yarbles! - Hooligan from the Movie Eurotrip.

My guess these are the same people that require directions on how to use velcro
    "If all else fails...blame the dog"

Comment

And to be told not to use a toaster in the tub.
      I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Quoth IlovemyGeek View Post
        My guess these are the same people that require directions on how to use velcro
        *has sudden flashback to Fabric Store Hell where people would demand explanations of Velcro at least twice a day, and refuse to believe they actually needed both sides...*

Comment

Quoth Buglady View Post
          *has sudden flashback to Fabric Store Hell where people would demand explanations of Velcro at least twice a day, and refuse to believe they actually needed both sides...*
          Oh my damn. You are serious aren't you?
          Last edited by Ree; 04-25-2007, 10:48 PM. Reason: Fixing quote tags
          Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Sadly, yes. The problem was that we sold Velcro (and also generic hook and loop tape) by the meter, rather than in nice little idiot proof packets where you get both sides whether you want them or not. We had sew-in types, one that had a sticky backing, and some that was back-to-back (hooks one side, loops the other, on the same tape, so you could stick it to itself - very handy for making cable ties and such).

For those few people capable of mastering Velcro technology, this was great, because it meant you could buy one length of adhesive-backed hook tape and stick that onto a hard surface, and then a corresponding length of sew-in loop tape and attach that to your curtain or pillow or what have you. People with boats were particularly fond of this since it stopped their seat cushions from flying all over the place. Everyone else in town found it completely incomprehensible and decided that I was lying to them in order to increase my sales... and then they'd come back a day later to return the "defective" Velcro that didn't stick (they'd only bought the hook side).

That was five years ago and I still have a bit of a twitch whenever anyone mentions Velcro...

Comment

Quoth Buglady View Post
              That was five years ago and I still have a bit of a twitch whenever anyone mentions Velcro...
              Velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro velcro

Comment

Strange!

I've seen and used velcro that had the hooks and loops on the same side, so you COULD fold it back on itself. It's sold by the yard at the fabric store I stop at all the time.
                "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

Working...
                X