This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't wash my dog

Got pulled aside by a manager to deal with this one today. A customer had given us her little poochie to be boarded (babysat) for a week. There's an error someone on the paperwork, and poochie ends up getting the deluxe bath. Flea shampoo, etc. Poochie has never looked more handsome. Oops, our mistake, lady hadn't asked for a bath. We'll just not put it on the bill. It's not that expensive anyway ($2 or so).

But when the lady comes in to pick up poochie, she's annoyed. "You gave my dog a bath! I didn't want you to give my dog a bath. I didn't say for you to do that."

Well yeah, you also didn't tell us to feed your dog, but it comes standard. The cashier and manager try to tell her she's not being charged for the bath, but no, it's the principle of the thing. Frustrated, they pass the situation to me, because I don't have to suck up to her.

I listen to her ramble about how it's the principle of the thing, if she had wanted him bathed she would've asked for it. Finally, I stop her mid sentence and ask the cashier, "Does Poochie have any allergies?" Nope, the file says none. Then I redirect the question to the lady. "Well no," she says, "but what if he did? What if he was allergic to shampoo?" "Then it should've been on his allergy report. So he's not allergic to shampoo, or water, or soap, right?" Cashier nods. Lady grudgingly mimics. "So, the only problem is that your dog is clean."

"Yes!" the lady chirps. "You washed him and I didn't want you to. You are treating your customers bad. I demand compensation."

I hold back the laughter but not the smirk. "Compensation."

"Yes!"

I throw my hands up. "Congratulations! Free dog bath, no extra charge. Your dog is shiny and dandruff free, as our gift to you. Go in peace."

Lady finally slinks off with poochie in tow. But the story doesn't end there. Thirty minutes later I'm leaving the hospital, and she's still outside, yapping on her cellphone about how horribly the vet clinic treated her, they bathed poor poochie.

Poor poochie is leashless and digging in our flower bed. I walk over and pick him up and deposit him in her back seat, dirt and all. As the lady stares with mouth open, I give her a good glare. "There's a leash law. If I see him off it again, I will report you."

"Dirt all over my clean backseat!" She chirps in horror.

"But at least the dog isn't clean anymore, right?"

Quoth Skandranon View Post
    "Dirt all over my clean backseat!" She chirps in horror.

"But at least the dog isn't clean anymore, right?"
    Nice one!

This lady is proof positive that there are people out there who live to whine and complain, and will find something to complain about just for the sake of complaining. Heck, if it had been my dog, I'd have been happy she got a free bath! Especially with the good stuff.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay you for putting the dirty dog in her car.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

You are my hero throught out the whole story!
        Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

They even complain about complimentary services...... really, what the **** goes through their minds? WHY do they have to ALWAYS have something to complain about? AT least Karma gave her the ass kicking she deserved.
          "It's times like these that make me wanna go straight."
          James from Pokémon.

Comment

This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

I was impressed *before* you went outside and found her on the phone.
              Putting the dirty unleashed dog into the backseat was SO AWESOME!
              You're going on my hero list
              Re: Quiche.
              Pie is manly.
              Eggs, meat, and cheese are manly.
              Therefore, making an egg, meat, and cheese pie must be very manly.
              So sayeth Spiffy McMoron!

Comment

Crikey! If someone washed my dog for me, I would not only PAY for it, but thank them profusely! (he's a wiggler!)
                That woman is daft. Absolutely daft.
                *goes to gather up the fleeing braincells*
                The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Working...
                X