This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waddya think ... ?

A while ago I applied for a possible position (don't think it actually exists yet) in the "pool" of the Crown Attorney (equivalent of the U.S. District Attorney, I think). There were no guarantees of work and I said that was fine by me. The possibility of working there was good enough.

I had two interviews. Reportedly did very well in the first and in the second, the woman indicated she had to jump through a lot of hoops to see if she could even get the financing to hire more people, and if so, how much financing (and thus how many people). She asked me to send in my resume. I did, but didn't hear anything back. That was about three weeks ago. I recently contacted her only to ask if my resume had gone through. She said it had and "as discussed" she was keeping it on file "for future use."

I am not sure whether I have been politely blown off or whether she's still jumping through those hopes. If it's the latter, I can still be hopeful; if the former, I have to assume I'm not getting in.

Anybody want to offer their interpretations on her comments?
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

That sounds like a kiss-off to me. Don't count on anything from there, but if you do hear back then consider it a nice surprise.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Yeah, that's what I thought. And I was so thrilled to be called in for that second interview too ...
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Based on what you have said, I have to ask "What difference does it make?" Being in an indefinite hold is really no different than the resume going in the trash. They may love you, but if they can't get the funding, it is still no job.

Move on with your life. As NP said, if you get a call, SUPRISE!
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I would have read that comment as "still finding more hoops." I wouldn't count on the job, but I wouldn't write it off, either.

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
            Based on what you have said, I have to ask "What difference does it make?" Being in an indefinite hold is really no different than the resume going in the trash. They may love you, but if they can't get the funding, it is still no job.

Move on with your life. As NP said, if you get a call, SUPRISE!
            Oh, I intend to move on. What I was hoping for was the actual contract ... I would have to sign a contract to be even considered for any work at all. Although she was very upfront in saying that even once I have signed on, there is no guarantee of work. But at least I would know for sure I was being considered ...

Quoth morgana View Post
            I would have read that comment as "still finding more hoops." I wouldn't count on the job, but I wouldn't write it off, either.
            Yeah, that sounds a bit more optimistic. Because I still might get "the call" somewhere down the road.

But as csquared says, it's time to move on.
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
            X