This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, that drama is over.

One of our shift leads is moving in a few months leaving us with an opening. They approached one coworker about the job and interviewed her for it. Then they put up a note asking if anyone else wanted it. I very briefly considered it but decided for them I wouldn't be a good fit. Two other people interviewed for the job.

Coworker 1-Been with company 12 years, worked a few different positions, has past management experience and despite having health problems is one of the hardest working people I've ever met. She also buys snacks and shares with everyone.

Coworker 2-Knows everything, nosy, bossy, rude, shares her social and political opinions, lazy. Eats everyone's food without asking. She was kicked out of the pharmacy because they didn't like her. Nobody likes her.

Coworker 3 (offered position)-Young, decent worker, gets annoyed easy, huff and puffs about stuff. Ha! That rhymes!

Ms. Bossy told Ms. Hufflepuff that if she was a betting man she would bet she got the job. At best these two are frenemies. Sometimes they're friendly than others but I'll leave that for Dr. Phil to deal with.

Yesterday I found out that Ms. Hardworker was offered the job. (Shh! Nobody is supposed to know yet! But since we're all nobodies here... )

I don't know for certain that Coworker 1 took the job but I'm hoping that is the case. I can deal with Coworker 3 and the huffiness because of the scheduling I don't work with one manager regularly. As long as the toxic one doesn't get it it'll be fine. There was and is a bunch of us, lead by me ready to walk if she was promoted. I'll know for certain when I go in tomorrow.

I probably could've started a whole thread about the toxic coworker but I don't want to get angry about her when I'm at home. And I don't think Cursing out Coworkers is a strong enough word for what I feel about her.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

I hope the good one takes it. We just lost our store manager after 20 years with the company and I don't blame her. She'll be in insurance now, in an office. So we are getting someone new. We are also losing one of our part-time managers because he's done with school and will be a full-time paramedic now. Someone in our store will be promoted. Meanwhile, people keep calling in sick and we are already short-staffed because kids went back to school or whatever. Lots of new people didn't work out. I am so glad I'm not there more than 13 hours a week.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

That's not a store, that's a war zone.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Any update, Trixie?
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

No update yet and I'm thinking the good coworker didn't take the job. Unless they're waiting to say something for some reason. And yeah, things are pretty bad with all the cuts. All the cuts and corporate nonsense have everybody on edge. Even the usual chill shift lead has started bitching. I know I should be looking for something else but I know what I got here I don't really know if I can replace it.

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
            but I know what I got here I don't really know if I can replace it.
            That is always the big question.

It is still a good idea to look. Answer a couple of ads that you don't want. Get an interview, Practice your interviewing skills. Tell them "No thank you." if they make an offer. You will probably feel more relaxed at the interview if you are not worried about paying the rent, Hopefully, that will make you more prepared for a real job interview.
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Annnnd, there's still no update. Nobody is even talking about it, so yeah no idea what's going on. Stay tuned I guess.
              Last edited by Trixie; 02-26-2020, 10:43 PM.

Comment

FINALLY!!

We finally have a winner. Good coworker took the job. Runner-up is looking to move to pharmacy and Toxic Coworker got written up for one of her misdeeds. All around satisfactory outcome.

Comment

[doing the Snoopy dance] So glad the good guys scored for once.
                  "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I'm sure it's knowing he has supportive co-workers like you that helped cement the decision.
                    Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

I hope so. Have to see how it all plays out. We're just muddling a long until more changes come.

Comment

Working...
                      X