X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marble Racing...

This is oddly amusing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI4FB-QKqI8
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

I want to say I've been watching Jelle's Marble Runs before it was cool.

I think it's the commentary that makes it for me. I like rooting for my favorite team (Team Galactic! Wooo!) even though I realize it's effectively random.

I've read elsewhere that, due to the lack of sports being played due to COVID-19, people are betting on the marble races.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
      I want to say I've been watching Jelle's Marble Runs before it was cool.

I think it's the commentary that makes it for me. I like rooting for my favorite team (Team Galactic! Wooo!) even though I realize it's effectively random.

I've read elsewhere that, due to the lack of sports being played due to COVID-19, people are betting on the marble races.
      It's definitely the commentary that makes it.

Have you seen the race track ones? Like if they're NASCARs or something?

I saw one this morning that was rafting...

And yes, you're right, apparently people are betting on these things.
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Last year they were doing Marblympics, with various Olympic-style events. Marbula One is more NASCAR-style. I suspect that they'll do another Marblympics later in the year.
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
        X