This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just remembered this lady...

And I use 'lady' as loosely as possible.
    Middle of the day, at the Chesterfield store, Nice AM and I are working. In flounces this self-important woman, who comes right up to me at the register and starts telling me about this, that, or some other 'charitable this or that' (I forget precisely what it was), then brandishes a clipboard at me.
    M: "I'm not a resident of Chesterfield."
    W: "Doesn't matter, sign anyway."
    AM: *comes over and brandishes the clipboard right back at her* "No soliciting in the store. Out!"
    She leaves, but apparently decides she'll get her revenge on us before she's even out the door, as she flounces her way into the mall, and stands in the middle of the hall, stopping absolutely everybody who walks by to tell them about her thing...
    Ten minutes or so later, AM notices our traffic has dwindled because of her stopping everyone, and walks out to talk to her.
    As he does so, I can hear her (I was inside the store, mind you) saying things like "You can't stop me from doing this," and "I have the freedom of speech!" and is quickly getting louder as she 'argues' with the AM, who I can barely hear. Her I can hear no problem, however.
    All of a sudden, AM turns and heads back into the store, and psycho woman disappears.
    M: "What'd you tell her?"
    AM: "I was calling the cops if she didn't vacate, and they would definitely 'vacate' her. Soliciting in the mall is illegal, and posted, right by the door as you walk in."
    M: "Nice one."
    "I call murder on that!"
Working...
X