• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth batmoody View Post
    You DO work for who I work for!!!
    We suffer in unison.

Quoth batmoody View Post
    This is one thing that really bugs me, as in I think it is very unsafe. We had this happen one time at our store, at night, An older guy, quite capable of taking out his bag and gallon of milk, wanted a carry out, It was a high school girl that was there and while nothing happened, she said he had parked clear out and away from the building and she really was afraid. Really, its only a matter of time......
    Yeah, that's really irritating. Usually when someone does this at night, and I see it, I'll try to push it off on one of the guys. I can just imagine the look I'll get one of these days, when the old coot is expecting a cute little teenage girl...and ends up with a 6 foot tall 200 pound guy.
    Discourtesy Clerk, purveyor of fine hay bales, pine scented douche and stuff that's not in bins since July 2006.

Comment

Here's one that comes to mind that I don't recall seeing posted yet on this thread. I will preface by stating that I truly do feel the Customer is the most important part of my job, providing they act in a reasonable, respectful manner. There is, however, one thing that is more important than even the nicest Customer......

You will not interrupt me, or otherwise distract me, when I am counting money. Whether I'm working a later shift and counting it in, working an early shift and counting out, or counting a drop. You will certainly not make rude comments should I ignore you, or not respond until I am finished counting the particular currency/coin I have in my hand, and written it down. To do so, will result in a whupping with a wet noodle so big, your Doctor will put you on a Low-Carb diet.

Yes, Dear Customer, the Store's money is more important than you. It's very rude for you to interrupt me when I have counted out 66 (or was it 67, Ooops! I lost count, because you interrupted me when it was obvoius what I was doing) out of 75 (or was it 76) unbanded singles, (we are not allowed to keep bundled/banded bills in our tills). I also refuse to be distracted, even if you are not intentionally trying to distract me because you have bad intent. Because I feel vulnerable with my till drawer open and my money out, (although I'm anal about keeping it as secure as I possibly can, I will not be distracted to the point of setting the money down to where it could be forgotten by me, or snapped up by a dishonest person).

Please also understand if I'm a bit jumpy while having my money out, and you are in front my counter while lined up for the adjacent register. Especially if you set, or slam something down on my counter while you wait.
      Meow.........

Comment

Quoth Retail's Bitch View Post
        1.“Can I get a bag of ice?” I don’t know. Can you? May you? Certainly, you may.
        If you forget to write the code. Do not make excuses.
        21.If you have the munchies. That’s fine.
        I don't suppose someone who thinks that, "If you have the munchies" is a sentence should go on a grammar rant regarding "can/may".

Comment

Quoth Discourtesy Clerk View Post
          My rules, all gleaned from real incidents with local Suckway-shopping retards:

18. If we are out of something, or something is damaged, or something is in the wrong place, or a tag is wrong, or you don't like something, or something is too expensive, or the bananas are too yellow, or your foot itches, it is NOT MY FAULT. I can possibly get it fixed for you, but I did not cause it to happen, and therefore STOP YELLING AT ME.

This is one most of my customers need to get through their heads...
          I work 15-20 hours a week, I do not know all the comings and goings of the entire store. Especially when its 5 mins after I've started my first shift of the week. Don't look at me like that if I have to call someone else to help you.
          "Those who do not complain are never pitied." - Jane Austen.

Comment

Working...
          X