This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Tanizaki View Post
    Chances are that a child's urine is gonig to be cleaner than an adult's i.e. it probably will not be carrying the clap.
    Plus, an adult should know better than to pee on the floor, whereas, a child might not be properly potty-trained, or have on a poor diaper. Although this doesn't make it fun, it makes it more tolerable, knowing that it really wasn't the childs fault.
    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

You know, all this ickyness talk. I figure I'll throw in another ickyness level.

Some folks actually drink that yellow water for health reason
      I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Urine is sterile to the body it comes from. To other people, however, it's NOT sterile. Your manager should have told you what you were cleaning up without a doubt.
        Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

if a manager told me to clean up "water" when it was actually piss, i would "accidentally" bump them with the wet broom and by accidentally i mean lift it up and lay it over their shoulder when they are looking the other way.

then i would quit.

OTOH i wouldn't have a problem cleaning up some piss if they told me what it was. working in dairy i come in contact with much nastier things than human urine on a daily basis
          DILLIGAF

Comment

Quoth Lehk View Post
            if a manager told me to clean up "water" when it was actually piss, i would "accidentally" bump them with the wet broom and by accidentally i mean lift it up and lay it over their shoulder when they are looking the other way.

then i would quit.
            Awesome

Comment

He should have told you what is was, I agree. What would have happened if you'd spread it across the floor to dry as you were planning? That aisle would have a definite stale pee funk, for sure!

Comment

Quoth Lehk View Post

then i would quit.

OTOH i wouldn't have a problem cleaning up some piss if they told me what it was. working in dairy i come in contact with much nastier things than human urine on a daily basis
                Thank you. I now have coffee all over my screen. That stuff kind of hurts when you snoogie it out of your nose.

Comment

I'm having a hard time trying to figure how any decent parent/human being would allow this scenario to occur. First of all, if your offspring isn't potty trained, put a diaper or a Pull-Up or something on it when you take it out in public. Second, if it is somehow able to circumvent the diaper and pee on the floor, that is officially your problem, not the employees' problem. How do you just leave that there for someone else to deal with? Gahd, people, I swear! Grrrrr...
                  Dips: The best karma happens when you let a jerk bash themselves senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
                    What would have happened if you'd spread it across the floor to dry as you were planning? That aisle would have a definite stale pee funk, for sure!
                    Haha, if it were just a stench that would be the only problem, it would be my manager's problem!

Him: Why didn't you mop the floor?
                    Me: It was just water, right? Why clean plain ol' water?
                    ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Quoth dragonflygrrl View Post
                      I'm having a hard time trying to figure how any decent parent/human being would allow this scenario to occur. First of all, if your offspring isn't potty trained, put a diaper or a Pull-Up or something on it when you take it out in public. Second, if it is somehow able to circumvent the diaper and pee on the floor, that is officially your problem, not the employees' problem. How do you just leave that there for someone else to deal with? Gahd, people, I swear! Grrrrr...
                      You got me on that one. A guy I worked with at the home improvements store told me that he caught some guy letting his kid, who was presumably potty-trained, whip it out in the middle of the store and let loose on the floor.

That was before I started working there, and for that, I am thankful.
                      Sometimes life is altered.
                      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                      Uneasy with confrontation.
                      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                        A guy I worked with at the home improvements store told me that he caught some guy letting his kid, who was presumably potty-trained, whip it out in the middle of the store and let loose on the floor.
                        Guuuh. Did this guy tell you if the customer got a talkin' to?
                        ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

What's with all of the pullup BS? If the child is training and out in public then it is on the PARENT to take the child to bathroom when they say they need to go, even if the child really doesn't need to go you take them.

I had a friend who always put her son into a pullup anytime they went out of the house and was wondering why her 5 (and yes I did say 5) year old wasn't completely pottytrained yet. She took away the pullups and he was ready to go to kindergarten the next year.

My own experience was with my daughter who told me, "mommy buy me panties and I'll go PP on the potty" and then only had 2 accidents (in the house (because someone was in the bathroom where her potty was and taking a long time and she didn't tell me to help her onto the other one because as she said I still can't wash my hands. (her step stool to the sink is in the same bathroom.) I'm talking even overnight)

Comment

MadMike, once at a hotel we went down to the pool area to soak in the hottub just in time to see a seven or eight year old boy urinating into it while his parents complacently played in the shallow end of the pool. When I said, "Oh come on, that's disgusting," the father said, "Well, the chlorine keeps it clean," like it was no biggie to get in a hot tub his kid had just peed in.
                            Dips: The best karma happens when you let a jerk bash themselves senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

Comment

Working...
                            X