This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angry Customer

Yesterday, a customer was really angry about something. I'm not sure what it was since the front end manager was the one who waited on her. The customer demanded to the see the manager. Not knowing that the manager left, I agreed and even paged for a manager. No one showed up and the customer even said that there should always be a manager on duty. She even said that she was going to call the manager today to complain.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Nothing like the manager taking off and letting the peons deal with the customers going postal, eh?
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I always wonder why customers think that a manager should ALWAYS be there. Some smaller companies only have one manager or so, and hell, they are entitled to time off too. That always just gets me tho, when someone comes up pitching a fit, or calling asking to speak to a manager at like 9PM here at the hotel....what the hell people, do you think the man lives here?

I do feel that your manager should take the blame on this one if they were the one that messed up. That was real nice of them to just leave work and not let you know they were leaving......how unprofessional as a manager.
      My boss has this phrase..."Give 'em the pickle!" but I just seem to want to tell 'em where to stick that pickle....

Comment

Quoth singem1 View Post
        I do feel that your manager should take the blame on this one if they were the one that messed up. That was real nice of them to just leave work and not let you know they were leaving......how unprofessional as a manager.
        Kinda like my manager who would disappear into the bathroom for hours at a time? Nice guy, just... seemingly, had bowel problems... or ate too much fiber... He always disappeared when the store got busy. Every so often, I'd wander to the door to the back, to find the bathroom occupied, or the manager just sitting at the desk, staring at nothing. Or his cellphone...
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
          Kinda like my manager who would disappear into the bathroom for hours at a time? Nice guy, just... seemingly, had bowel problems... or ate too much fiber... He always disappeared when the store got busy. Every so often, I'd wander to the door to the back, to find the bathroom occupied, or the manager just sitting at the desk, staring at nothing. Or his cellphone...
          maybe he was "taking care of business"
          DILLIGAF

Comment

Just like my old fat boss, he'd leave for hours to go next door to the itallian resturant. He'd always say, "I'm going next door, call me if you need me". Yea, it looks really good to a customer when he comes in with a frickin' napkin hanging from his shirt.

If we're left without adequate management, we should get a pay differential.

Comment

Quoth Lehk View Post
              maybe he was "taking care of business"
              I caught him once, and found out he went in there to play Bejeweled 2 on his cell phone. I just happened to be sitting in the backroom before my shift one day, and he walked into the bathroom. I think little of it. Next thing I know? I can hear sounds coming from the bathroom... video game sounds. So, I asked him when he came out what he had been playing.
              "Bejeweled 2."
              M: "Ick, okay..."
              "On my cell phone."
              M: "Whatever."
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
              X