This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next time go to the Dollar store!!

I had a super sucky customer tonight! A lady walks in and flings two kids meal bags on the counter. I walk up to see what she needs..the following occured:

Me: May I help you?
    SC: I just went thru your drive and the girl told me that there were toys in the kids meals and there aren't any.
    Me: We have never put toys in the meals, they get cookies.
    SC: She told me there were toys!
    Me: Well either she misunderstood you or you misunderstood her, but since we don't put toys in the meals I can't see why she would tell you we did.
    SC: I want my money back
    Me: Okay (goes to register and gets money while putting kids meals behind me)
    SC: Well do I get any compensation for my inconvience?
    Me: No
    SC: Well you should still give me the food so I don't have to go somewhere else.
    Me: It is either the refund or the food but not both!
    SC: That sucks, this is just an inconvience..I should be compensated!
    Me: Here's your money..thank you!
    SC: This really SUCKS!! (as she is leaving)

Come on...how are you inconvienced because there is not any toys!! Hell the Dollar store is up the street, buy some there!! She had to be off her rocker if she thought I was going to give her a refund and free food just because there weren't toys in the meal!! I have worked there for 12 yrs and we have never had toys!! Made me laugh!!

I think you should have demanded compensation for having to deal with that idiot.
    "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
    ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Loser who promised her kids some damn toys that she's too cheap to buy. C'mon! Spend a dollar or two!
      The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Quoth Tito
        I think you should have demanded compensation for having to deal with that idiot.
        In management mind, I'm sure that's covered under "hourly rate" or whatever phraseology they use for your standand pay.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

If only I ran my own store, I'd have so much fun with people like this...

I demand compensation!

Okay, here, here's $5 *holding it out* for you having to deal with me, but, oh wait *take it back* I had to charge you $5 for me dealing with you, so it all evens out.

Evil, pure evil.
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

The sad thing is, the quality of the toys you'll get at the dollar store are probably much better than the ones that come in the kids meal
            "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

Quoth Argabarga
              If only I ran my own store, I'd have so much fun with people like this...

I demand compensation!

Okay, here, here's $5 *holding it out* for you having to deal with me, but, oh wait *take it back* I had to charge you $5 for me dealing with you, so it all evens out.

Evil, pure evil.
              I love it!

But if you really want to torture them, why not make it $100?
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Sounds like a scam to me,
                KAHN: I thought being smart person in Texas set her apart.

KAHN: If my girl doesn't wrestle, I'll show you who put the sue in Souphanousinphone!

Comment

I swear the last GOOD kids' meal toy I ever found was when they were doing the Inspector Gadget toys at McDonald's. We drove all OVER Denver getting all 8 pieces of that one. Still holds up to this day, although the battery in the chest piece that made noises is finally starting to die out.

VERY durable though!
                  Who is this rectal-cranial inverted twit....and where is my sledgehammer??

Comment

Sure, if you got the whole thing, but lots of people just got an arm and a leg, and what can you do with that?

(Pay for a car repair, I suppose...)

I second the "scam".
                    Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth ShockQueen
                      I swear the last GOOD kids' meal toy I ever found was when they were doing the Inspector Gadget toys at McDonald's.
                      I don't know about those...but does anyone remember when McDonald's gave away Lego sets or Hotwheels cars?

I bet the woman then went to the dollar store and then complained about the "quality" of the stuff they have too.
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

We still get Hot Wheels once in a while. At least, I know we've had a set within the last year.

Inspector Gadget was pretty good. Each toy was a body part that did something different (except his belt, which actually was pretty good as a standalone toy since it was a real watch) and you put them all together to make the whole toy.
                        Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

I still have all six gold pokemon cards in the balls.... The racing Rapidash and Bulbasaur.... From BK.

A lot of cards.... Prehistoric Mew and Machamp still in plastic. From my own purchases. I am a pokenut afterall.

Comment

Yeah, I also agree that it was a scam. Nobody could be stupid enough to think they could get a free lunch just because there was no...k', well some people could be, but I still think this is a scam. Most parents could care less about the toy. I seem to recall my parents distinctly not wanting me to get happy meals and bring home another brightly colored plastic thing to clutter up the house with. That, combined with the fact that it was an outrageous demand, seems to be a red flag to me.

"I DEMAND MY MONEY BACK!"
                            "Ok." *hands back the money*
                            "Um...and also I demand my refunded object back."

P.S. - This post gives me warm, fuzzy memories of the beanie baby happy meals.

Hee.
                            Last edited by bars.of.a.rhyme; 07-12-2006, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X