Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I smoke, and I don't like walking thru a cloud of smoke either. However, I don't see that banning it is going to help overmuch... all that will happen is that the government will have to get the tax they get off cigarettes some other way, ie by raising taxes and putting petrol tax up higher. So, everyone, smokers and non smokers, will suffer if smoking's banned.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

wanted to smoke there anyway

Back when I worked at Burger King in western MA in the early 1990's, the
      manager on duty had me go ovet to our sunroom(non-smoking) section
      abd politely tell agentleman to please extinguish his cigarette. The idiot did
      as he was told,but didn't like it. Afterwards I had to clean off the 2 tables he and his family trashed before they left.

Comment

As a smoker, I try to be considerate of others. Of course, it can get to be a problem when a horde of non-smokers (coworkers AND customers) decide to take over the smoking area at work. :sigh:

And back to the OP, I guess he figures "if it's not expressly forbidden, it's allowed"?
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth alphaboi
          SC: Well I'm not putting this out! Do you know how much these cost!?
          Sir, it is not my fault that you make bad investments with your money. Spending your money on foolish things does not entitle you to violate my company's policies or the law.
          "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
          .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Either you put out what you're smoking, or I'll put it out for you by shoving your face in the sidewalk outside.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
            X