X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $100 in one dollar bills?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...1.4a75f02.html

Even though I don't agree that the bank teller lied...she should've given the customer what she wanted...

I can't believe this reporter wanted the $100 in one dollar bills for TIPS on her vacation!!!!

I found this article while searching for an article(s) that could point to the "in-this-economy" SCs that believe they are entitled to a discount.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Um.

my comment
    I'm somewhat boggling over the concept of only use single dollars as tip money.

But aside from that, there might be a limit of how many singles they can issue per customer. Yes it's a bank but they don't have a limitless supply of money.

I would suggest asking how many ones you can be issued at a time instead. Get that amount, and the rest in other denominations.

Then yes you might have to go to another location for more singles.

Still boggled at the concept of only using singles for tipping.
    (From what I've heard, even at strip clubs it's at least a fiver or more)

Comment

While I do think it's odd to want that many bills as $1, but...

It's a BANK! How many times have one of us mentioned SC's wanting change that we cannot provide them using the very excuse that we are not a bank? There was no reason for the teller to lie, and then "claim" the other branch didn't pick up the phone (doubt she even called at all).

If they had a limit on how many singles they'd give per non-buisness customer, or that they really WERE running low and imposed a makeshift limit to be sure they wouldn't run out, just say it, it's not that hard.

I don't blame her for being bugged by what happened. Heck, I would be too. Economy or not, I can find no excuse for a BANK to lie and turn someone away from withdrawing their own money because they want it in small bills.

Comment

not sure why they didn't say.
        it may have been them or how the person asked for the money, since we're only seeing her side of it

Comment

Maybe the bank teller was trying to save the poor person on the other end from receiving only a dollar for a tip.
          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
          X