This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I want double the refund!"

OK, had a very very busy breakfast shift. We were about three times more crowded than usual, so the wait on food went up to about 45 minutes. A family placed an order, aware of the wait, but changed their minds and came back.

SC: Hi, I placed an order for some breakfasts, and you told me it would be a 45 minute wait...
    Me: Yeah...
    SC: Well, we've changed our minds, can we cancel the order and get our money back?
    Me: OK, sure, I'll just tell the kitchen not to make it anymore, no problem.
    SC: I'm really sorry about this. I thought it would be OK, but my husband wants to do a spot of shopping.
    Me: It's OK, can I have your reciept and I'll start processing it.
    SC: And we get double the money back right?
    Me: I'm sorry?
    SC: Well, a friend told me that if you get a refund here, you get double your money back, you know, for the inconvinience.
    Me: Oh no, I'm afraid not, you'll get the money you paid back.
    SC: But I was told you give double the refund back!
    Me: No I'm sorry, we have never had such a policy.
    SC: But my friend told me!
    Me: I'm sorry, but your friend was wrong.
    SC: She wouldn't lie to me. Can I see the manager?
    Me: *sighs* Ok then.

I didn't hear much else, but I did hear the manager say:
    Manager: I'm sorry, but what you are asking me to do it give you money, out of our tills, for things you did not pay for. Isn't that similar to stealing?

They left, annoyed and without their double refund.

Wha??????

How does that even begin to make sence??
    Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Mindboggling.

It's the perfect way to make limitless amounts of money. You order a $1000 worth of food, pay for it, cancel the order 45 minutes later -- and then walk out with an extra $1000 in your pocket.

Then you walk back in and repeat the process. Until the restaurant goes broke.

It sure beats working for a living.

Comment

Warning to that SC:

If that same friend, if there truly was one that made the claim about the refund, tells you you'll be able to fly if you jump off of a bri....OOOPS!! Too Late!!

Mike
        Meow.........

Comment

Double your freshness, double your fun, double your refund with doublemint gum.
          Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

Comment

Wow, the audacity of some people! To think that would actually work! Where do some people get their sense? A box of Cracker Jacks?
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

What a load of malarchie! Double the refund, huh? Why not just empty out the entire till & bow down & kiss their rings???
              The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Oh, I didn't realize your friend was the omnipotent superpower, Superwoman! What she isn't? What does she know then.
                90% of the people complain because of the 10% that ruined your day........

Comment

After reading some of these stories, I have to wonder if the 'friend' is off somewhere rolling on the floor laughing at the inevitable situation they've set in motion.
                  A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Unbelieveable, seriously, were these people born without any shred of common sense?

Comment

I hate those people. It doesn't matter what your friend said! I am employed by this company, I know what we do and don't do, I eat frosted shredded policy for breakfast. Now, who do you think is right in this situation? Me, or your friend who you probably know is a registered moron?
                      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

The really stupid thing is they came in there intending to cancel their order and get free money. They actually believed it would work, and not only that, but they believed that if they told you, "but my friend told me you'd give me free money!" You'd say, "Oh, okay then."
                        You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

"Metaphysically speaking you actually have no real 'friend'. Your 'friend', who often gives you such sage advice in moments of life crisis like these, is a completely imaginary manifestation of your childhood difficulties in dealing with the real world that you have never grown out of. Your 'friend' is also a sign of your suppressed desires to ignore your conscience in situations where you know the proper, decent choice and instead is used to rationalize and justify a course of action that can result in harm to yourself or others."

Now, did you still want that 'double' refund'?

It's BS of course, but hopefully really good BS. I'm sure the double refund whiners would never know otherwise.
                          "There are times in your life when you'll have to eat crow. Actually, you don't have to eat it-just hold it in your mouth long enough until nobody's watching, and then spit it out."

Comment

In order for them to get a refund in the first place, wouldn't they have to pay first?
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Does anyone remember those TV offer commercials? I think they had one for a nail polish, or ice cream maker, or maybe the Bamboo steamer. Anyhow, one of these things had a double your money back guarantee if you were not satisfied. I can only imagine the number of returns on that, and how rich people got off of this.

Comment

Working...
                              X