Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm more dissapointed for the waste of all the yummyful food.
    *hasn't had breakfast yet*
    "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
      Manager: I'm sorry, but what you are asking me to do it give you money, out of our tills, for things you did not pay for. Isn't that similar to stealing?
      PWNED! Not just "similar", that IS stealing! It's a scam, and a poorly-thought-out one, at that! Kudos to your manager for calling them on it.
      They left, annoyed and without their double refund.
      Aaawww. Guess they can always cry to their "friend" about how those mean old restaurant people wouldn't cave to their scam.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth ominousoat View Post
        Double your freshness, double your fun, double your refund with doublemint gum.
        That's awesome.

At work, we are always getting, "My friend told me.....". Our simple retort is, "Does your friend work here? No? Really? Well, then...."
        -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
        -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Along the lines of the whole "Double refund" thing...

The local supermarket has a doube-refund freshness guarantee on meat. Some dishonest, and yet incredibly stupid woman got arrested for trying to defraud the store out of a double refund by buying some meat, soaking it in vinegar to make it look like it was spoiled, and then returning it for a double-refund.

She got busted because she bought the meat and the vinegar on the same visit, and both were on the receipt she presented to get the refund.

What is it with idiots and vinegar?
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Manager: I'm sorry, but what you are asking me to do it give you money, out of our tills, for things you did not pay for. Isn't that similar to stealing?

They left, annoyed and without their double refund.
            This part of the story Rules!
            Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post

must be the fumes... :gag:
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Not only does that policy not make sense, if there was such a policy it would probably apply to when the restaurant messes up to the point they would give a refund. Not to the customer suddenly changing their mind before their food comes.
                It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Does that happen ANYWHERE? And what inconvenience are you doing them by THEM deciding they don't want the food? If anything, they're lucky they got ALL the money back.
                  6/16/2008: Best. Day. Ever.

Things I've Learned: Birth is not a miracle, it's a science, and science is damned disgusting. It's also really, really, cool.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                    Maybe they want to be immortalized on this site?
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

This sounds like one of the pranks I used to pull on my dimwitted "friends" when I was younger. One girl in particular who was as sharp as a piece of cotton was constantly falling for things of this nature.

"Go ahead, Amanda, go swing on that tree branch there, it'll be fun!"

"But there's a beehive."

"No, no, they don't care as long as you don't actually touch the hive. Go ahead!"

"Oh, okay!"

...okay, I wasn't actually THAT mean, but you can see the sort of wit I was dealing with here. Apparently this woman had another version of me as her "friend". *snicker*
                      "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
                        "Go ahead, Amanda, go swing on that tree branch there, it'll be fun!"

"But there's a beehive."
                        And I would have been running for the house. I am terrified of things with wings and stingers. I even locked one of my cousins out of the house once because he was throwing walnuts at a hornets' nest in my grandma's front yard! I figured they could have him, but I was going to be safe inside with his brothers.... Luckilly, the cousin had lousy aim. And amazingly no one got stung by a hornet that year....

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                          Luckilly, the cousin had lousy aim. And amazingly no one got stung by a hornet that year....
                          Ugh... hornets are nasty, and they don't give up easily. I've heard tales of those things chasing you for a good while if they're ticked off. At least with most bees, after you're out of the 'comfort zone' around their nest, they're content to leave you to what stings you already have. Not hornets, they're vicious.

Then again, one of my co-workers likes to blast them out of trees with his turkey gun. According to him, it's quite effective.
                          A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Hornets suck. I remember one time, there was a small nest under the metal hose rack on my parents house. For some reason, the hornets would come out if you just walked past the rack. Since my brother and I were little, he didn't want to use chemicals, not that they'd have worked anyway--he couldn't get close enough without getting stung. Even though that was years ago, I still remember my father's solution to the problem. He waited until we got a cold morning, got out his blowtorch, and fried the bastards! Needless to say, they were pissed but couldn't do much--as soon as they tried to leave the nest, the torch got them. Imagine flaming bees flying at you! Surprisingly, nobody got stung.
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                            X