Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My voice has been sent to Letterman. (long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't illegal to record a conversation without the person's consent?

Comment

Here's what you should do. ( Most companies should do this) Have the company owner purchase a crystal ball that connects every time someone calls the automated computer. This crystal ball should have the capabilites of knowing every single piece of information possible about the customer calling, including the color of their underwear and where the spinach was grown that is stuck in their teeth. This should alleviate that problem.

What? Those don't exist? ARG! I knew it was too good to be true!

Oh, and I do hope she sent the tape in to everyone. I can't wait to hear it, if they ever take her seriously enough or have the want to make fun of her enough to play them!
      Insanity : a perfect rational adjustment to an insane world. - R.D. Lang

Comment

Quoth Best Made Tacos View Post
        And what on earth did she mean "People died because of tele-marketers"? Like they couldn't hang up and call for an ambulance?
        In the old days, the pre-recorded, auto-dialing messages could not be cut off. I heard that the reason those were made illegal was because someone did need to call 911 (possibly someone died) and was not able to hang up on the lengthy message in time.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Skandranon View Post
          Something out of a horror movie is right. Scariest part of Resident Evil is when it takes them twenty minutes to order something by phone. Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.
          I know. Especially when Sackface pops up and you have to put the employee on hold to keep your head from being seperated from the rest of you.
          "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Skandranon View Post
            Something out of a horror movie is right. Scariest part of Resident Evil is when it takes them twenty minutes to order something by phone. Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth altered_reality View Post
              Reminds me of this lady with her rambling
              Wow, her appendix ruptured because of telemarketers??!!

If that lady was an EMT I want to know where she lives cuz if she's anywhere near me I'm never calling 911 again...
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
              X